By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGchartz users choice game of the year:Your personal winner

1. Mario Kart Wii

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

3. Call Of Duty: World At War

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

1. LittleBIGPlanet
2. Fallout 3
3. Mario Kart Wii

Didn't come out this year, but ...

Geometry Wars: Galaxies (DS)

Well, my personal choices are:

(A) Left 4 Dead
(B) Fable 2
(C) NCAA Football '09

But, the games that either I don't play or don't really care for that probably should and will win:

(A) Metal Gear Solid 4
(B) Call of Duty: World at War
(C) Gears of War 2

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

1. MGS4

2. LBP

3. SSBB

Handheld GOTY -- FF7:CC

GAME I enjoyed that didn't come out this year -- SMG (Super Mario Galaxy)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

1 - LittleBigPlanet

2 - Fallout 3

3 - Metal Gear Solid 4

For me in the end a world of whimsy and great creative freedom just nixes two great, much darker titles, both of which have a great deal to offer.

Aw, and just in time for Christmas too!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

This Year:
1)Brawl. Loved the series since the N64 version. One of the best multiplayer games ever made.

2)LBP. Amazing and innovative game. Not many platformers on consoles and love making my own levels and playing others' great levels as well.

3)GTA4. Maybe it did not deserve a 10 but nevertheless it was an amazing game. I've loved this series since the original GTA for the PC.

Other Year:
Uncharted. Got it and beat it three times over the summer. Amazing game.

*edit* Cod4 also played it this year. Got me into FPS again. As of now it is my favorite FPS of all time. (Sorry Half-life etc.)

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

This year:

1) Brawl. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and this is the most balanced yet strategic fighting game I've ever played. Hell, you can even use the randomness as an advantage XD

2) Left 4 Dead. The AI director is just FANTASTIC! And the gameplay is something different than your typical FPS fare--very refreshing.

3) Gears of War 2. I loved the original, and this one just beats it in every possible way. THE HORDE!!

Handheld:

(haven't played very many)

Professor Layton and the Curious Village. Beautiful graphics, nice fatherly voice for the good professor, and of course highly challenging puzzles.

Other Year:

Elite Beat Agents. 'nuff said.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Metal Gear Solid 4-easily my favorite game this year

I haven't played too many new games this year because I got a PS2 and got a lot of old games for it. So I find it hard to pick three.

Console games:
1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. With near-infinite (re)playability, being one of the best-looking games on Wii, introducing great new elements and even deliciously looking cutscenes, this comes very close to the ultimate game.
2. No More Heroes. While it was lacking in the technical aspect, style and attitude go a long way.
3. Mario Kart Wii. A fun racing game with a lot of options and replay value.

Handheld game:
Don't have a handheld.

Award X:
Devil May Cry 3 as the most awesome action game I've seen since I played Resident Evil 4.
Honorable mentions for God of War and Metal Gear Solid 3.

I drink your milkshake.

1. Resistance 2
2. Gears of War 2
3. LittleBigPlanet

Playstation 3 owner since December 25th, 2006