By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Icarian: Kindred Spirits Announced for Wiiware

"Developer Over The Top Games have revealed their first WiiWare title; one that bears a passing resemblance to one of Nintendo's rumoured-to-be-resurrected franchises.

Icarian: Kindred Spirits will be set within Greek Mythology, and involves the player controlling a Winged Girl named Nyx as she searches for her friend Icarus. The game looks set to be similar to LostWinds in many ways, including control over the powers of nature, and a co-operative play option.

From the game's official site at http://www.icariangame.com/icarian/en/

Experience with ICARIAN: KINDRED SPIRITS the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl, that must descend from heaven in search of her missing friend Icarus.

Overfly the ruins of ancient Greece and avoid falling into blazing sands or perishing in the claws of cruel harpies and hydras.
You will need the help of Zeus and other benevolent Gods from Olympus to summon their powers. They will let you cast rays, modify the scenery and control winds at your wish...
With your own wrist movements and pointing to the game screen, you will be able to achieve these and many other feats in this new and enjoyable Wii platform game.

Fly, aim and shoot using the new and fullest potential of your Wii Remote.

There is not yet any release date, but be sure to check out more screenshots of the game in the gallery below."

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11184

looks cool, what do you think?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Really looks neat. Wonder when it comes out. Hopefully within 3-6 months.

Acevil said:
Really looks neat. Wonder when it comes out. Hopefully within 3-6 months.

Yeah it does and should keep us busy until Kid Icarus comes!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Girl Icarus?

it looks alright, it might be good appetizer until kid Icarus

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Looks great for a Wiiware title. Sounds interesting

Around the Network

Very nice screenshots for a WW game.

360 Tag - narfwack

Sounds very Kid Icarus to me.

Pixel Art can be fun.

This reminds me we still need Kid Icarus...

But it does look like an interesting game, maybe it'll be good like Lost Winds.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Just beautiful.

And comparisons to Lost Winds makes me want to giggle like a schoolgirl.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.