By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

now, i know there are an innumerably amount of these threads lying around the internet about this topic, but i really don't feel like searching for one.  anyway, my topic is not to discuss which one is better, but why most people are trying to make one sound better than the other.  i own a 360 and i love it.  however, i only own one game which is gears of war (the actual reason that i bought a 360) but plan to get more in the future.  do i hate the ps3?  of course not.  why would i?  because it's in direct competition with the 360?  i could care less about that.  the only reason i prefer the xbox is because of gears of war and halo.  other than that, they're virtually the same thing.  sure it is said the ps3 is more powerful but power doesn't equal fun.  if sony had more exclusives that i wanted than i would buy it also.  despite popular opinion, msg4, uncharted, resistance, and most other ps3 exclusives just don't pique my interest.  i tend to like third party game anyway like dead space, resident evil, call of duty, and others.  to me, have exclusive games doesn't lead to a better system.  i would love to see game i wanted to play that i couldn't get on the 360 to be on the ps3 because than i would actually have to think it over.  so, what are your opinions on why fanboys are in this constant struggle with one another

Around the Network

your point is?

mexitalrish said:

now, i know there are an innumerably amount of these threads lying around the internet about this topic, but i really don't feel like searching for one.  anyway, my topic is not to discuss which one is better, but why most people are trying to make one sound better than the other.  i own a 360 and i love it. 

however, i only own one game which is gears of war (the actual reason that i bought a 360) but plan to get more in the future.  do i hate the ps3?  of course not.  why would i?  because it's in direct competition with the 360?  i could care less about that.  the only reason i prefer the xbox is because of gears of war and halo.  other than that, they're virtually the same thing.  sure it is said the ps3 is more powerful but power doesn't equal fun. 

if sony had more exclusives that i wanted than i would buy it also.  despite popular opinion, msg4, uncharted, resistance, and most other ps3 exclusives just don't pique my interest. 

i tend to like third party game anyway like dead space, resident evil, call of duty, and others.  to me, have exclusive games doesn't lead to a better system.  i would love to see game i wanted to play that i couldn't get on the 360 to be on the ps3 because than i would actually have to think it over.  so, what are your opinions on why fanboys are in this constant struggle with one another

Fixed, now your opening post is readable.

toastboy44562 said:
your point is?

uh, hmmm that's a good question.  i think my point is not really a point.  it is a question.  i'm asking why a lot of people who play video games tend to try and seperate themselves by whatever console they buy.  let's say the ps3 had an exclusive game like dmc 4 and then suddenly the game is also going to be on the 360.  from what i saw, many of the people who had a ps3 were mad about this and i wonder why they care.  that's not to say that 360 owners don't do the same things.  anyway, why is there a fanboy war going on.  it's just videogames ya know.  i hope their are more important things going on in peoples lives that they don't think about how much better they are than someone who didn't buy the console they have.  please tell me that you understand now.  i'd hate to have to patronize you further.  lol jk but maybe this clears up my point a little

Dinomax said:
mexitalrish said:

now, i know there are an innumerably amount of these threads lying around the internet about this topic, but i really don't feel like searching for one.  anyway, my topic is not to discuss which one is better, but why most people are trying to make one sound better than the other.  i own a 360 and i love it. 

however, i only own one game which is gears of war (the actual reason that i bought a 360) but plan to get more in the future.  do i hate the ps3?  of course not.  why would i?  because it's in direct competition with the 360?  i could care less about that.  the only reason i prefer the xbox is because of gears of war and halo.  other than that, they're virtually the same thing.  sure it is said the ps3 is more powerful but power doesn't equal fun. 

if sony had more exclusives that i wanted than i would buy it also.  despite popular opinion, msg4, uncharted, resistance, and most other ps3 exclusives just don't pique my interest. 

i tend to like third party game anyway like dead space, resident evil, call of duty, and others.  to me, have exclusive games doesn't lead to a better system.  i would love to see game i wanted to play that i couldn't get on the 360 to be on the ps3 because than i would actually have to think it over.  so, what are your opinions on why fanboys are in this constant struggle with one another

Fixed, now your opening post is readable.

uh, thanks i guess.

Around the Network

we are all tired of these.

Another 360 v ps3 thread?

Boy, these threads show up more often that repeats of "friends" do on channel 4

And thats a lot, beleive me.

And another one.... People enjoy wasting time and energy...

4 ≈ One

it's a shame no one here has taken the time to answer you. speaks volumes about the depth of a fanboy: they can rant for hours on end about which system they think is better, but ask them WHY they rant and they respond like the people above...with nothing.
Here it is in a nutshell.
...PS2 conquers the world
...millions of people jump on board because it great to align yourself with what's best.
...MS releases the xbox, a technical monster compared the PS2, and begins to develop a loyal user base because of their innovation and hardcore gamer values.
...Sony feels threatened, rightfully so, as do all of their loyal subjects who refuse to admit that there's something better, or at least, a respectable alternative to all things playstation.
...MS releases the successor the xbox, beating Sony to the punch and further encroaching on Sony's marketshare, Sony reponds with arrogance, apathy and subversive media releases to try and undermine any gains MS might make. Sony's diehard fans follow suit, for apparently no logical reason. MS fans strike back and the forum wars truly begin.
...Sony, fearing the marketshare encroachment of MS, overcomensates and designs an awesome machine that's unfortunately priced out and above what 'gamers' are capable of paying, initial sales don't exactly take off and the system is complex to develop for, limiting the smooth release of revenue making games.
...MS fans take notice and let Sony fans know about it.
...Sony fans, not to be outdone, tell MS fans they're full of it and continue keeping the faith and chocking down the hard to swallow promises of Sony Corp.
....MS fans enjoy great games, great online, full featured amenities through MS's Live service, and once again, let Sony fans know about.
...The true Sony diehards, still with no logical reason to be so, keep the forum wars going ad nauseum because they have no choice. They've made their bed so to speak, and 'aint goin nowhere.
...All that and the simple fact that's it's very human to choose something and defend the choice you've made. Some people miss the part where they have other things to choose from and decide stick it out with what they've got.
...As silly as it is, it the forum wars between the 360 and PS3 are just a way for people to feel good about what they picked, it's really more about them defending themselves than it is their defending their system. Honestly, it could be about anything: boxers vs briefs, dogs vs. cats, leg man vs. boob man... doesn't really matter.

Big Nutshell.

Anyone want popcorn?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!