By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally saw a commercial for Call of Duty 5 Wii version

How does this game play? I don't care about graphics at all, so I'd definitely want to pick up the Wii version of this game if it played really well. I remember a few days ago everyone was praising the wii version of this game, is this still the case?

Around the Network
yushire said:
Do you mean the Wii version? Its odd that they suddenly increase the supply even its Black Friday soon. Did Activision caught up with the demand right now?

Yes, I mean the Wii version. It was a different retailer, so that could suggest that some retailers have inadequate stock, or aren't stocking it at all. Or, because it was a different day, it could mean that the initial shipment was small and a larger shipment went out for the holiday rush, as you suggest.

Which is why I'll be watching CoD:WaW Wii sales next week and how the sales spike compares to other versions.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

wfz said:
How does this game play? I don't care about graphics at all, so I'd definitely want to pick up the Wii version of this game if it played really well. I remember a few days ago everyone was praising the wii version of this game, is this still the case?

As far as I know, there are no vehicles in the Wii version, and the online is obviously significantly watered down. You just bought a 360 didn't you? I'd go with that. There's also DLC to consider...

famousringo said:
yushire said:
Do you mean the Wii version? Its odd that they suddenly increase the supply even its Black Friday soon. Did Activision caught up with the demand right now?

Yes, I mean the Wii version. It was a different retailer, so that could suggest that some retailers have inadequate stock, or aren't stocking it at all. Or, because it was a different day, it could mean that the initial shipment was small and a larger shipment went out for the holiday rush, as you suggest.

Which is why I'll be watching CoD:WaW Wii sales next week and how the sales spike compares to other versions.

This will be a interesting week I say, now even I want to see if COD WAW have a sale spike or not...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

To answer the question it plays really well. The controls are pretty smooth and the online is great fun. Newbies don't get sniped every three seconds, which is nice.

You do get to play with vehicles in the campaign mode.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

Think I saw that same commercial. Focused on the multi play co-op akin to that of SMG if I remember correctly.

This game will have legs. I HOPE...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I'm guessing Activision focused on front end sales of the HD versions, and are now focusing on long term hype for the Wii version.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

it'll help but not that much

LordTheNightKnight said:
I'm guessing Activision focused on front end sales of the HD versions, and are now focusing on long term hype for the Wii version.

lol.