By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally saw a commercial for Call of Duty 5 Wii version

OMG!.... i know this sounds weird.

But i just saw the wii ad on TV....In NEW ZEALAND! Crazy!
crazy because well:

1st: its New Zealand
2nd: its Wii
3rd: its Nintendo

They've been playing the HD version all last week. And Wii Music ads have been played to death over here in NZ.

But yea... its the 1st ever 3rd party add for the wii ive seen in NZ. (im not counting STFU as it was a HD and Wii version ad)

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Around the Network

Checked out a couple retailers today, didn't see a single copy of CoD: WaW Wii on the shelves. At this point, I'd say retail support is the biggest problem for this game. Who exactly is to blame for that? I'm not sure.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Checked out a couple retailers today, didn't see a single copy of CoD: WaW Wii on the shelves. At this point, I'd say retail support is the biggest problem for this game. Who exactly is to blame for that? I'm not sure.

ACTIVISION. Im from the Philippines, I want to see if the Wii version of this game is available but I dont even seen a single copy of it. And Im from the Philippines I even search on pirated goods NO WII VERSION, I even seen the PS2 version but no Wii version though I've seen PC, 360 and PS3 everywhere...

I think 3rd parties are inept when distributing Wii games are concerned especially multiplats.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I hope you know the Wii version of COD:WAW was delayed.... and released this week in Australia and New Zealand.

The HD version were released on the normal release date... 15th......while the wii version was delayed here till the 24th of Nov.

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

famousringo said:

It's anecdotal, but my story's the same. Would have bought this sometime this month, except that its' MIA everywhere I've looked.

No biggie. It'll rear its head sometime, I'm sure.

Around the Network

hopefully this could spike sales

Its 110,000 in sales so far so it definitely have legs. Even the supply of the game is definitely scarce. Which means dont be disappointed if this game didnt passed 1 million on its lifetime...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

noname2200 said:
famousringo said:

It's anecdotal, but my story's the same. Would have bought this sometime this month, except that its' MIA everywhere I've looked.

No biggie. It'll rear its head sometime, I'm sure.

Same here. I found the game easily on launch day, but now it's nowhere to be found in the 5+ retailers I regular go to in my city. It seems retailers aren't ordering the game from Activision.

There are about a hundred PS2 versions in the MediaMarkt in Utrecht though.

Finally saw it in a Future Shop today. Pretty good stock, too. Nothing compared to the retarded huge supply of RRR TV Party they had, though.

Should be interesting to see if Black Friday does anything to this game's sales.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Do you mean the Wii version? Its odd that they suddenly increase the supply even its Black Friday soon. Did Activision caught up with the demand right now?

E3 2010- Tape runs out