By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony...why do you do this to me...

CTifer said:
Xen said:
I'll be patiently waiting for 2009, the year of retrbution... let's see how MS holds up against that.

Were you one who said 2008 would be 'the year'? Or were you one who said "360's doing fine in its first year. But wait till PS3 comes out"?

People keep waiting for PS3 to make this incredible surge and for 360 to completely flop.  If you've been checking the numbers, you'll know it's almost the exact opposite lately.

I never said anything about 2008, I wasn't following the wars back then. But it's the price that stops the PS3 from selling the numbers it deserves. There will be an incredible surge, quote me on it. The 360 won't completely flop, but its numbers will be affected in one way or another.

Around the Network

The funny thing is that Sony fans ignored price issue few months back, they said that PS3 will easily outsell the 360 even with lower price. With current economical situation and Playstation brand not being as popular as in the past it was obvious that cheaper and offering similar experience Xbox will outsell it.

Comeback in 2009? Only with Huge Price Cut (and selling even with bigger Loss), but the Gap is to big to be closed in a year it will take time, it might not even happen.

And Wii is just destroying competition.

I just don`t get it...what`s wrong in having a cheap gaming system that offers a lot of games? It`s not that ps3 sales are bad or anything,it`s just not dominating the HD market anymore... bu hu bu hu

LoL

look its just a bloody games machine for christ sake and if you really are hurt, then you will see the opposite some day so just wait. it doesnt affect us gamers because ps3 isnt gonna stop selling, its going to keep on selling and selling and selling until sony stop it and no 3rd party developers are going to stop making games for it because its playstation and you cant leave playstation out!

Lolcislaw said:

The funny thing is that Sony fans ignored price issue few months back, they said that PS3 will easily outsell the 360 even with lower price. With current economical situation and Playstation brand not being as popular as in the past it was obvious that cheaper and offering similar experience Xbox will outsell it.

Comeback in 2009? Only with Huge Price Cut (and selling even with bigger Loss), but the Gap is to big to be closed in a year it will take time, it might not even happen.

dont give that " selling with bigger loss" bullshit when you dont know shit! none of us do. only sony do.

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:

you are right

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Lolcislaw said:

dont give that " selling with bigger loss" bullshit when you dont know shit! none of us do. only sony do.

See and i was hoping for a civilised debate, it's well known that PS3 is sold at loss (from the start) i think some fanboys should start looking at things without bias.

@ lolcislaw: the playstation brand (sony brand) is apparently still one of the biggest brands in the world, so I don't think that part of their turf is suffering... so far >_>

it seems that Sony thought that all 120m that got Ps2 were all core gamers and rich gamers!

price really matters, especially in casuals that don't care about graphics but just want fun (and i believe most Ps2 owners were casuals - today Wii users)

that's why Wii is on top, Xbox360 a bit lower as gamers who can't afford the Ps3 buy that instead (at least the majority of them)

the hope seems to fade away for the Ps3 except if the motion controller that's supposed to be real can bring the rich casuals back to them

i think 70% of gamers or smth are casuals and only Nintendo can realize it!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

The "Year of the PS3" has been destroyed by MS's pricecut. I wouldnt worry though, PS3 has a very strong lineup for 2009, and a rumored pricecut.