By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Demo on Xbox Live Next WeeK!

Goddbless said:
DMeisterJ said:
mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:
lol.

Doesn't Capcom know how well the TRU exclusive 360 demo worked out?

Oh well. Good that I have a 360 too.

Likewise, doesn't Capcom know that Grand Theft Auto IV on the X360 hammered the PS3 version? Or that the vast majority of multi-plat games sell better on the X360? Or the fact that the X360 is bludgeoning the Playstation 3 in hardware sales?

RE5 is a shooter. Guess which system sells more shooters?

So if it's going to sell more anyway, why make the demo exclusive?

Why not make the demo multi-plat?

Maybe it's a thank you in advance? It's clear that through all of their denial Capcom is showing favoritism to the 360.

Most likely because it's in a similar situation as TR:U, Microsoft has secured exclusive digital rights to Resident Evil 5 - such as expansion packs and the like.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Barozi said:
disolitude said:
Barozi said:
disolitude said:
There is a way to play demos on xbox consoles even if they are not available for download on xbox live... but im not telling!

What do you mean ? Xbox LIVE JP Silver account ?

Nah, you need a modded xbox...and a good torrent site.

You know that you don't need a modded console to play demos from the internet ?

I guess it should work with the HD to xbox transfer kit as well?

Well I guess that's also possible. No you can easily download demos from torrent sites (or similar download practices).

Then there are 2 ways:

A) The demo you've downloaded is a .ISO file, so you can burn it on a CD/DVD with almost every burning programm.

B) The downloaded files contain a folder named "00000000000" (don't know the exactly amount of 0s ^^). This folder and its content can be burned onto a CD/DVD.

Then insert the CD/DVD in your drive, open your game library and voila the demo is listed there.

mrstickball said:
Goddbless said:
DMeisterJ said:
mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:
lol.

Likewise, doesn't Capcom know that Grand Theft Auto IV on the X360 hammered the PS3 version? Or that the vast majority of multi-plat games sell better on the X360? Or the fact that the X360 is bludgeoning the Playstation 3 in hardware sales?

Maybe it's a thank you in advance? It's clear that through all of their denial Capcom is showing favoritism to the 360.

Most likely because it's in a similar situation as TR:U, Microsoft has secured exclusive digital rights to Resident Evil 5 - such as expansion packs and the like.

what's so hard to say, THEY PAYED FOR IT.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
mrstickball said:
Goddbless said:
DMeisterJ said:
mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:
lol.

Oh of cooooourse they did.

Anyway, Looks like I may have to go to my Japanese account to DL this, just like the Tales of Vesperia and Ninja Gaiden II demo. Can't wait, either way Japan or not, I'm gonna be playing this demo! :) 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Barozi said:
disolitude said:
Barozi said:
disolitude said:
Barozi said:
disolitude said:
There is a way to play demos on xbox consoles even if they are not available for download on xbox live... but im not telling!

What do you mean ? Xbox LIVE JP Silver account ?

Nah, you need a modded xbox...and a good torrent site.

You know that you don't need a modded console to play demos from the internet ?

I guess it should work with the HD to xbox transfer kit as well?

Well I guess that's also possible. No you can easily download demos from torrent sites (or similar download practices).

Then there are 2 ways:

A) The demo you've downloaded is a .ISO file, so you can burn it on a CD/DVD with almost every burning programm.

B) The downloaded files contain a folder named "00000000000" (don't know the exactly amount of 0s ^^). This folder and its content can be burned onto a CD/DVD.

Then insert the CD/DVD in your drive, open your game library and voila the demo is listed there.

I did not know this...thank you for the info. :)

Around the Network
psrock said:
mrstickball said:
Goddbless said:
DMeisterJ said:
mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:
lol.

@bolded-I want links before i believe that

@Red-Why is it so hard that they want RE5 to sell good,and 360 sells alot more shooters than PS3.

mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:
lol.

considering the 6 million hardware sales gap 1 million more units of GTA4 sold on the 360 isn't that much of a victory.

saxophonehero said:
mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:
lol.

considering the 6 million hardware sales gap 1 million more units of GTA4 sold on the 360 isn't that much of a victory.

Still doesn't change the fact that GTAIV on the X360 made Rockstar an extra $79,200,000 in Revenue....Before DLC.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

saxophonehero said:
mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:
lol.

How much the console has sold means NOTHING,Look at teh Wii you dont see MOH at 15 million do ya?

360 gamers buy more games than PS3 gamers,i read on here its like 4 or 6:1 idk.

I wonder if it will move consoles in Japan?