By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UNCHARTED BABY! Uncharted: Drakes Fortune moves 2 million units

I was going to buy this game when Amazon had it for$30 and Rachet was $30 too. Completely forgot about the sale on that day and lucked out.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Sullla said:
Umm... congrats? I guess I don't really understand the fixation on Uncharted sales. Lots of games creep up in sales over time, especially when they've benefited from reduced price "Greatest Hits" status.

I mean, the 360 has 19 games that sold 2m and the Wii has another 15. I don't recall anyone getting excited over the slow creep of games like Rock Band (the original) or Link's Crossbow Training.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the PS3's first game over 2m.  I'm sure the first few that reached that mark on the Wii and 360 were celebrated as well.  As for getting excited over Link's Crossbow Training - maybe the developer's mom.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Wow, I was way off on the 'first' thing. I was thinking regional not worldwide. Oops! I guess its cuz it's a great game that richly deserves praise.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Tailgunner said:
Sullla said:
Umm... congrats? I guess I don't really understand the fixation on Uncharted sales. Lots of games creep up in sales over time, especially when they've benefited from reduced price "Greatest Hits" status.

I mean, the 360 has 19 games that sold 2m and the Wii has another 15. I don't recall anyone getting excited over the slow creep of games like Rock Band (the original) or Link's Crossbow Training.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the PS3's first game over 2m.  I'm sure the first few that reached that mark on the Wii and 360 were celebrated as well.  As for getting excited over Link's Crossbow Training - maybe the developer's mom.

You are completely mistaken, GTA IV sold more than 2m on launch

Anyway, well done Uncharted!

The reason for this thread, is if you look back to the first comments on the Uncharted page, you will see people calling it a flop etc. Personally, I was surprised when it made it to 1m, and 1.5m, and I never thought it possible to make it to 2m.

To those who say it was bundles that did it, that is not true. The game has been selling over 20k a week for a while now (about 20k in others) mostly due to its Platinum status and trophy patch.

The other remarkable thing about the game is that it did not have that much advertising, it has spread due to word of mouth, and thanks to its great reviews and the fact that it is incredible, it has spread well

Congratulations Naughty Dog! Now get on with making 2 and Jak 4! (2 is definitely underway, Nolan North is working on voices for it)

Excellent. All according to my plan........

Around the Network

Uncharted baby! Best game on the amazing playstation 3 futuristic media system!

taxman said:

@fulcizombie:   Did you even play the game?

I own the game. My psn gamertag is the same with my username here.

mrstickball said:
Gears of War also had massive legs...

I guess it's good that one of the highest rated exclusives for the Playstation 3 finally made it to 2m. I guess Wii/X360 owners are too used to it to start threads like this.

Or because people laughed at it and didn't believe it would even make 1 mill.

And you 360 owners want to play this bundled bullshit? Because there are like 10 different games bundled in Europe at the moment, and whenever a sale mark is reached it could also be credited to bundles.

50% of the comments in this thread are made by people that have not played Uncharted. I don't know why a great PS3 game causes this much heat. How does this thread having anything to do with Gears having legs or the number of 360 games that have reached 2 mil? Banjo has better graphics than Uncharted?

Anybody who has played this game will tell you that not calling it AAA is a disgrace to gaming.

Aj_habfan said:
mrstickball said:
Gears of War also had massive legs...

I guess it's good that one of the highest rated exclusives for the Playstation 3 finally made it to 2m. I guess Wii/X360 owners are too used to it to start threads like this.

Or because people laughed at it and didn't believe it would even make 1 mill.

And you 360 owners want to play this bundled bullshit? Because there are like 10 different games bundled in Europe at the moment, and whenever a sale mark is reached it could also be credited to bundles.

It's agood thing then that , unlike the sony games ,the xbox360 games are doing great in the npd charts .