By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UNCHARTED BABY! Uncharted: Drakes Fortune moves 2 million units

Judeophobia said:
matt247 said:
CGI-Quality said:
matt247 said:
It's pretty easy to sell a lot of games when it's bundled.

Oh not this bundled BS again. You nay sayers really need some new material, this one has gotten very old. And just like Spartan asked, when was Uncharted bundled? Anyway OT: This masterpiece deserves all the sales it got and then some, Uncharted, IMO, is still the best looking console game to date with some of the best physics and animation (thanks to PS3 hardware) a current gen title can have. All in all AAA title for PS3 which already has MASSIVE anticipation of it's sequel. To my fellow PS3 bros: UNCHARTED BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was bundled a long time ago and it's being bundled again. Never said anything bad about the game, just that bundled games sell a lot. Just look at all of the other bundled games and how many copies they sold.

yeah like forza 2. It would've been lucky to hit 2 million without being bundled forever with the 360.

Except that forza 2 did 400k+ in its first 2 NPD months (being in the top-10 for both of them) and debuted in the number 1 position in many european multi-platform charts ,even in countries where the 360 wasn't doing good like Germany, while it stayed for 5 weeks in the U.K multiformat top10 , achievements that uncharted didn't even approach.

But of course sony's games don't really have to chart anywhere to have good "sales" , just leave everything to the imagination of sony' s fans !!!!

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Gears of War also had massive legs...

I guess it's good that one of the highest rated exclusives for the Playstation 3 finally made it to 2m. I guess Wii/X360 owners are too used to it to start threads like this.

I am pretty sure DJMeister made this thread because of flamebait that was posted when Uncharted released. 

*So the most hyped game this year on PS3 only sells 85k first week in Europe?  BOMBED*

* At this rate it will not even sell 500k bwahaha*  

Etc..

CGI-Quality said:
LOTS of trolling still, oh well, PS3 exclusives always cause controversy, especially when it's the best looking console game to date...Uncharted Ba....oh nevermind, you know the rest!

No, ps3 exclusives cause "controversy" because each and everyone of them is being hyped up years before release as  TEH BEST THING EVA!!!!!, then they get released , have poor sales (usually not appearing in Npd top-10 or in any european top-10....just like uncharted) and after a while we get some ridiculous claims about their sales' numbers that aren't supported by any true facts .

As for Uncharted it's neither an AAA game (at least according to metacritics) nor the best looking console game.

Good for Naughty Dog.

Congrats to a great game!

Around the Network

Still my favorite PS3 game, it deserves every sale it gets.

fulcizombie said:
CGI-Quality said:
LOTS of trolling still, oh well, PS3 exclusives always cause controversy, especially when it's the best looking console game to date...Uncharted Ba....oh nevermind, you know the rest!

No, ps3 exclusives cause "controversy" because each and everyone of them is being hyped up years before release as  TEH BEST THING EVA!!!!!, then they get released , have poor sales (usually not appearing in Npd top-10 or in any european top-10....just like uncharted) and after a while we get some ridiculous claims about their sales' numbers that aren't supported by any true facts .

As for Uncharted it's neither an AAA game (at least according to metacritics) nor the best looking console game.

It was the best looking console at the time it released.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CGI-Quality said:
@ outlaw

Imo it still is. And @ fulc: so now metacritics ratings determine a AAA title? Wow, the hating is endless but hilarious at the same time. And so tell me then, according to you, what looks better than Uncharted, I have a feeling I know your answer but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, so please do explain...

assassin's creed , call of duty4 , gears2 , banjo ,farcry 2 (biggest achievement in consoles thus far and really underrated ) andi would even argue for bioshock.

Umm... congrats? I guess I don't really understand the fixation on Uncharted sales. Lots of games creep up in sales over time, especially when they've benefited from reduced price "Greatest Hits" status.

I mean, the 360 has 19 games that sold 2m and the Wii has another 15. I don't recall anyone getting excited over the slow creep of games like Rock Band (the original) or Link's Crossbow Training.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

@fulcizombie:   Did you even play the game?

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).