By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Castlevania Judgment Thread

Castlevania Judgment sold 25k in NA first week.

Pretty strong first week. Overall in this region, it is guaranteed at least 175k. The problem is, this game doesn't exist in the database, WTF?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Do you think so? Sad numbers but I think that was expected. Hope people like it and have some legs.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

hey..Soma..25k is alot for a game with really huge press hate form previews to reviews..all it has is word of mouth..

let's wai and see what happens..

I found the original Castlevania Judgment entered in the database, but the numbers were put into a different Castlevania Judgment, which doesn't exist in the database.

Remember, 24,554 first week NA
I think that's great. I thought it would do worse. I hope it is eventually recognized through word of mouth and has MONSTER LEGS!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I guess you're right. Looking at the sales of Tenkaichi 3 and Naruto CoNR gives me some hope. Those games received very good reviews and still only sold 10k more on their first week than CJ..... and now are almost million sellers! O_O

Hope people like it, if not then all the fault is for Konami. It makes no sense their main reason to make a fighter was that they didn't want people to shake the WiiMote constantly.... but that's exactly what you do in this game!!! (unless you change the configuration or use another control)

Around the Network

Think about it. How many other fighting games are available for the Wii besides ones that are based off cartoons?

There is no Street Fighter
No Bloody Roar
No Soul Caliber
No Mortal Kombat
(Smash Brawl doesn't count, its not a traditional fighting game)

Castlevania Judgment is the only "reaslitic" (the graphic style) fighting game on the Wii right now. When a gamer only has one option, what do you think they will do? Buy it! I can't wait to see the legs on this thing. However, they could look weak without EU & Japan sales, but don't worry.

Well, there's also Guilty Gear, I think there's Mortal Kombat, and I'm not sure it there's SNK collection or something like that.
The problem I see is that Castlevania is not a traditional fighter either, so people wanting a traditional fighting game will probably wait something else.

the game sold really well for the 1st week!!

it will have legs, just look at most Wii games, they all have an average launch and legs that drive them to at least 0.5 million or even more!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

indeed..this game will have legs: it's first first genuine try for a fighter on the Wii

like Savior said: Brawl is a less than traditional fighter (was always more party based)

so..I think this game will reach around halfmil

and if it does..it means the beginning of a new series!! yay!

probably THE best 3D castlevania game..as well as THE best castlevania spinoff

hands down

want proof?

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Castlevania+Judgment+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Castlevania%3A+Dawn+of+Sorrow+-+DS&reg3=All&game3=Naruto%3A+Clash+of+the+Ninja+Revolution+-+Wii&weeks=100

all games with a similar start..even a great Cv game in there..see how Dawn of Sorrow started much slower? and see how steadily Naruto CoNR sold?

I think it'll sell in between those two...