By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Castlevania Judgment Thread

SaviorX said:
Think about it. How many other fighting games are available for the Wii besides ones that are based off cartoons?

There is no Street Fighter
No Bloody Roar
No Soul Caliber
No Mortal Kombat
(Smash Brawl doesn't count, its not a traditional fighting game)

Castlevania Judgment is the only "reaslitic" (the graphic style) fighting game on the Wii right now. When a gamer only has one option, what do you think they will do? Buy it! I can't wait to see the legs on this thing. However, they could look weak without EU & Japan sales, but don't worry.

Just so you know, there is a Mortal Kombat for the Wii.  Port of one of the PS2 games.

Around the Network

Mortal Combat is pretty bad compared to this game!

maybe Castlvania Judgement is a bit strange when you play it at first, a very unique - in controls - fighter, but once you get use to it, the more you play the more you love it!

just like PES Wii!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

@ deathcape

I hope you're right, but I'm still not so sure about that. Naruto is a popular anime well known by many people in the US (it is right?), but Castlevania is known by gamers only. Maybe it will sell better than the DS version, but I still find it difficult it will sell better (or like) than Naruto. I hope I'm wrong, the important thing for this game is to give a positive impression to consumers. So far it's still a mixed bag.
But who knows, traditional games are not selling as good as Non Traditional, so maybe this game will have HUGE legs.

@ dark_gh0st_b0y

I totally agree.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

one thing you have to remember..games do not sell on brand name alone..

a good game WILL sell through word of mouth
so..in all honesty the Naruto game isn't bad..so it sells because it's decent and it has the brand name

Castlevania is surviving only on how good it can be, since most fans don't like it

wich means you can already discard the brand name

That's precisely what worries me. Right now it is a mixed bag, some people really like it, and others not so much.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

http://www.joystiq.com/tag/castlevania-judgment

Can you guys agree with what is on this page?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

agree with what?...there's a tone of articles..I guess..so ask me wich one..

Hey can someone explain to me how the WiiMote/Chuk controls work? I have a cube controler, but i dont like switching between the controlers. I heard you have to waggle for simple attacks?

Voltaire let's see..gamecube controller...avoid it at all costs..you lose alot of the gameplay..not really the feel..but you can't fully pull off some combos anymore..

waggle to attack (pretty accurate a flick is enough)
joystick to move..lol
hold B (then waggle) for special moves (hold down for secondary fire)
hold Z to block (waggle to perform guard break)
C to jump
D-pad down to do your hyper attack
A for your sub weapons (charge for secondary fire)
and waggle nunchuck to dodge

getting back to GC controller..you have to hold A to charge your strong attack right? problem is..with wiimote+nunchuck you can block and still charge your subweapons or specials

with GC you can't....

Hmm, well that doesnt sound too bad. Is it like Twilight Princess/Okami waggle, or do you need precision?

Hows the online? I saw the video you posted on the OP, but i honestly cant tell if its just crappy youtube quality (ive seen it before) or actual lag. If its anything like SSBB (random players) i would consider it broken.