By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Castlevania Judgment Thread

Voltaire said:
Soma said: If you don't like waggling with the WiiMote there's the option to use another configuration. The second conf let you use the main attack with the B button, and shaking the Wiimote is only used for the Hyper attack.

Ill probably try them both.ts not that i dont like waggle, i was just concerned if you needed to shake it really fast, or waggle aimlessly. Is its a timeing thing, which i think it is, then i dont really have an issue with it.

I saw the review. Is it just this guy that has a bad online expierence?

Yes, it's a timing thing. If you shake it 2 times will 2 two hits and so.

Haven't seen the review, but yesterday I had a lot of lag, today in some fights still had a lot of lag, in others was few lag, and with one guy it worked flawlessly. I don't know why, if it's my internet, the distance, or others people internet.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

not sure..it's possible more people have that

as for waggle..yes..timing is key

just like your regular fighters..I guess..like Naruto..timing your attacks into supers
(you could waggle to attack..but if you don't time it..you can't get nice chains..and you're too open for counters)

hehe..so yeah..it can be a bit annoying at first..but get used to it..since it's the best control setup..any other feels a bit weirder

deathcape said:
GUYS a new vid review is up..it's much better for most people:
not nitpicking and some serious reviewing

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v167644484cP3A5ma

That was a great review! I agree in almost everything. One thing the gameplay needed was a counter or something for when you're receiving a lot of attacks. But the art style, ok, it doesn't looks Castlevania at all, but I think it is really cool and good looking. I agree about the online, although I had a perfect match without lag, most of them had it. Also, when you're looking for people to play, it can take more than 5 minutes, maybe when more people buy it will find rivals faster...

Castlevania fans should get it, is really fun, I'm liking it a lot, and still I haven't played it on VS against another person, which is the best thing about fighting games.

That was a really good review.

I'm buying this game once I get the money. Konami didn't let me down with Castlevania 64, MGS3, or Azure Dreams, so I am getting this game.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

@ SaviorX

Get it, if you liked Castlevania 64 is another good reason you'll like this. At times it feels like if you were playing that game. Honestly is a really good game, I've been playing it today for about 6 hrs! I just turned it off because I'm tired lol.
Those bad reviews I think didn't played the game at all, once you get used to the camera and controls is really very fun to play.
It has it's flaws, but is a more robust fighter than I expected. Really, today I was just practicing with Simon Belmont, and I discovered new combos I didn't thought before. Now I know how to chain my Hyper Move in the middle of a combo =D

Around the Network
woopah said:
when is it released in europe?

Konami-europe says first half of 2009.

what?! I knew it..Simon HAD to have a combo into hyper..damnit

still need to find one for Carmilla

btw..I just got Dracula too!

now I have Death and Dracula..I love Dracula..so awesome ^_^

but Death..damn..he rocks..need to find a good combo into hyper for him

hmm...Death really is hard

deathcape said:
what?! I knew it..Simon HAD to have a combo into hyper..damnit

still need to find one for Carmilla

btw..I just got Dracula too!

now I have Death and Dracula..I love Dracula..so awesome ^_^

but Death..damn..he rocks..need to find a good combo into hyper for him

hmm...Death really is hard

lol, yes it´s possible. Do you want me to tell you how? Or you want to find it yourself?

I still haven't unlocked a lot of things, most of the time I've been in training mode. The only real problem I'm having with the gameplay is the Counter Move. You know you can roll and attack quickly, but many times if the opponet was attacking the counter fails and he hit me instead.

Any tips for doing a successfull counter move?

what?...you can roll-attack?
damn..didn't know that..how deep is this game anyway?...btw..tell me the combo!! XDD

also..need to make a great Death Combo..sorry Death is my main..

Death
Carmilla
Aeon

lol..for me

deathcape said:
what?...you can roll-attack?
damn..didn't know that..how deep is this game anyway?...btw..tell me the combo!! XDD

also..need to make a great Death Combo..sorry Death is my main..

Death
Carmilla
Aeon

lol..for me

lol, yeah, you didn't know? I think that's in the second tutorial.

To do the Hyper Move in a combo with Simon I use the Holy Water at maximum, and then quickly do the Hyper move. I'm not sure, but this would probably work with every other character that uses the Holy Water. Haven't tried it yet though.

So with Simon you can do something like this:

- 2 Normal attacks

- Special attack (the one that grabs the opponent with the Whip)

- Holy Water

- Special Attack with the stick

- Holy Water (keep pressing SubWeapon button)

- Special Attack that grabs the opponent

- Holy Water Charged

- If you connect it correctly the opponent will be almost standing, so Quickly do the Hyper Move.

- 120 combo.... too bad it only registers 99 hits  =(

I'm very satisfied with the Gameplay, is deeper than I thought it would be, and I really like to try different combinations. It has some flaws, as I tell you I think it needs a better counter move. For example, it has happened to me that if the opponent is doing a basic combo and you roll and counter, if the opponent is faster he can hit you instead. Maybe there's another way to do the counter, I just discovered that you can do a special move after rolling which may have better results, but haven't tried it yet against the cpu.