By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Castlevania Judgment Thread

well..khuutra..it's your own fault if you fall for it..they are blockable..wich makes it okay..and if you perform one and it doesn't hit..you're freaking open to huge combos..so..it's a fair trade...

it all comes down to your skill in evading and blocking..making sure you don't get hurt, but raping your opponent with your own home-made combos..wich sometimes need items you have to look for in battle..wich fuels the battle instead of becoming a boring block-attack match

Around the Network

sorry for the double post..but some more Eric gayness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiRNGsD2ZG8

and yes..maybe it would have done good to have multiple life bars as option..or damage switch..like 0.25,0.5 and 1 x the damage

OMG! Those combos were amazing! You can actually chain the Hyper in a combo O_O

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

well..only while using sub-weapons..

so I underestimated sub-weapons..wow..how creative.. XD

my favorite music..

top: Darkness of Fear (main theme..not Aeon's version)
Iron Blue Intention from Eric.
then Bloody Tears, Carmilla
Vampire Killer, Simon
and Sypha's

Not with every character works the subweapon-Hyper combination I think. At least with Simon I'm having trouble in that in the middle of a combo.

Dude, the more I play it, the more I like it. It's not as shallow as I thought it would be. If you're creative and FAST you can do some really nice combos. For example, with Simon, you can do two normal hits, the special hit to throw the enemy midair, receive it with the Holy Water AND if you're fast you can do two normal hits again and again the special hit and the Holy water. After that I couldn't continue with the combo, but I don't know if it's not possible or I was slow doing so. I'm still learning the logic of the game. However, after practicing some hours, I could do a 20 hit combo with Simon =)
It was really cool but difficult to do in the middle of a battle. I need to practice more.

I also finished the game in Castle mode, I like it, it starts easy and in the end it turns really challenging. Damn at Dracula! He's really difficult!!!
Overall I liked Castle mode, it was a good idea, but at the same time I feel it's missing something.

I agree with Iga, this games at times feels more like an action game, than a fighter. True, you have one on one battles, but at the same time you have special objectives in Castle mode, you have to pay attention to your surroundings like enemies, arena, items, etc. And the way the camera is implemented makes you feel you're playing a traditional Castlevania 3D (at least it reminds me to Castlevania 64).

I'm really liking the game, once you learn the gameplay mechanics and start discovering the combinations you can do, it becomes a really good, fun and enjoyable game.
Right now I'd give it an 8, and still I haven't played VS or online or learn to play with the other characters. Once I do all that I may like it even more!

Around the Network

when is it released in europe?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

@ woopah

According to IGN, it's still in To Be Announced

damm i wanted to get it for xmas. i hope rygar makes it to b4 the hollidays

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

nice to hear your comments Soma..and..Woopah wants it too?

agreed: Iga was righ about it being an action game..sometimes I felt like I was playing some sort of GoW or DMC while fighting the big boss monsters..
and like I said: Castle mode is a great idea..but it could have been better..

hopefully next time..that way the game will become a single and mutli player game

and yes..you have to be both fast and creative to pull off long combos..and yes..Castle mod gets really hard..especially fighting Death near the end or Dracula..they both rape you

my problem was having Alucard's combo mission near the end: 7hit combo

all his standard moves only hit 5 times max..

you HAVE to learn to use sub-weapons

also Soma..everyone has a different Castle mode..change of mission difficulty (some earlier missions come later..and some later missions come earlier)

and finishing it with each unlocks some special stuff for the gallery
as well as each character gets different accessories..

did you accessorize yet? I gave Aeon color 2 black glasses and the top hat..
hehe..fancy swallow suits FTW

finally, people understand the greatness of this game!

i'm so happy, the online works perfect!! : )

maybe the best fighter on Wii, i find it as good as SC IV, online is better by far!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^