By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Reporting of "news" content at VGChartz

I have posted two comments to the "news" story on the main page that suggests there is a new PS3 bundle available.

This story needs to be canned, but it is not only factually inaccurate (at the very least, the title is misleading), it's completely irresponsible for this site to link to a rumor on a blog and represent that unverified rumor as breaking "news."

It is an embarrassment to this site to have that on the main page. Surely VGChartz can do better than reposting fanboy emails sent to Kotaku?

Around the Network

why are you so offended by news of a bundle? it's just a report of a new bundle. so what? calling the poster a fanboy because of such a small thing makes you look more like a fanboy. it's like you have something against ps3 bundles all of a sudden.

bugrimmar said:
why are you so offended by news of a bundle? it's just a report of a new bundle. so what? calling the poster a fanboy because of such a small thing makes you look more like a fanboy. it's like you have something against ps3 bundles all of a sudden.

Please read the story. It is written to suggest that Sony has released a new bundle. That is not the case. This is just a Best Buy put-together Early Bird special for Black Friday. e.g., a "Doorbuster."

VGChartz has long had an image/credibility problem. When the main page has a digg'able report touting a new Sony bundle, which is not at all accurate, it contributes to that image problem. People equate "bundle" to a new Sony SKU that will be restocked over a period of time. That is not what this is. It's a one shot deal for those people who win a lottery in the wee hours of the morning outside of BB.

I am calling the BB employee that leaked the deal with pictures of the stock sheet from his camera phone a fanboy, because that's what that person is. Fanboys "leak" deals or reprint factually inaccurate information because they're so overwhelmed by the prospects of a great deal they don't bother spending five minutes on Google to double check the story. The printed ad was available online long before this thing was even posted to Kotaku.

Frankly, I agree. The horrible grammar of the "article" is embarrassing too.

/signed

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I've seen worst.

Who's the news editor, he needs to verify an article before being posted. Too many non news stories have been posted lately.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

oh c'mon, give El Gefe a break. Dude just puts in whatever news he can find, what makes the front page is what you guys view the most, so anything that isn't "news worthy" can simply not get as many views and fall into the news abyss.

psrock said:
I've seen worst.

Who's the news editor, he needs to verify an article before being posted. Too many non new stories have been posted lately.

Technically everything (i think) is supposed to go through 1 of 3 people for grammer and spelling check. BengaBenga is the senior news editor, and DKII and Naz work on reviews. I'm never 100% sure who does what exactly cause I am not a news contributor. Obviously the writer of this news decided to bypass that mechanism. Also being American and having built in spell checker isn't enough for some people.

Anyways, if you really want to see this pulled, pm one of the three people I noted above. I don't know if anyone will check the comments section.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Torillian said:
oh c'mon, give El Gefe a break. Dude just puts in whatever news he can find, what makes the front page is what you guys view the most, so anything that isn't "news worthy" can simply not get as many views and fall into the news abyss.

I don't care if stuff gets posted to the front page, but the poor english is rather embarasing (isnt, hodiday). At least I know how to use the built in spell checker in FF.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

if every news story had to be checked over for grammar and such then none of them would be news by the time they were put on the site, we don't have enough editors to look over every single one quickly enough. The title "news story" necessitates some speed.