By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 should get a lot of advertisement

This should put a smile on peoples faces...http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/11/25/no-installation-for-killzone-2-on-sony-ps3/

No install for Killzone 2. That's good.

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network

It's still the sequel to a game that didn't sell a million. :P

Killzone embodies everyone this generation has become. Hope PS3 fans enjoy it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
It's still the sequel to a game that didn't sell a million. :P

Killzone embodies everyone this generation has become. Hope PS3 fans enjoy it.

God damn we will:)

Snake612 said:

Killzone 2 is looking to be one of the best PS3 shooter for 2009. This is a game that will not only be praised for its graphics but for its gameplay. I hope this game will receive a lot of hype on ign.com and good commercials to promote the game.

Edited :)

"It's still the sequel to a game that didn't sell a million. :P Killzone embodies everyone this generation has become. Hope PS3 fans enjoy it."

Response to this: Devs have stated that this game sold over 2 million.

indodude said:
Snake612 said:

Killzone 2 is looking to be one of the best PS3 shooter for 2009. This is a game that will not only be praised for its graphics but for its gameplay. I hope this game will receive a lot of hype on ign.com and good commercials to promote the game.

Edited :)

"It's still the sequel to a game that didn't sell a million. :P Killzone embodies everyone this generation has become. Hope PS3 fans enjoy it."

Response to this: Devs have stated that this game sold over 2 million.

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1112&region=All

Damn undertracking.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Off topic: I saw a video for Killzone 2 and man, did that game look good. I really didn't notice a difference between the game and the tech demo from E3 '05

Quartz said:
This should put a smile on peoples faces...http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/11/25/no-installation-for-killzone-2-on-sony-ps3/

No install for Killzone 2. That's good.

It's great that they will take advantage of the Blu-Ray and harddrive streaming capabilities, but I think a minimal install of a few hundred MBs could make good sense, for startup speed up.

On Topic: If the PS3 is cost reduced enough, I think Sony will like to put this title into everyone's face and shove it down people's throats, especially to debunk certain rumours.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Sony needs to do 3 things with the advertising of this game.

1) Show without a shadow of a doubt that the product they are advertising is a game.

2) give people the idea that it is fun to play.

3) Get people believing that if you have a PS3 you have to own this game.

I think the perfect commercial for this game would start with a Dual Shock 3. The controller would drop down into a players hands like the first person ciew in the game. The would be on some sort of multiplayer map, Within seconds things start to get hectic and a big battle breaks out. The person starts shouting out requests for help. Then the camera pans around, and breaks into fro sections showing 4 people each with DS3's in hand with the official PS headset on. Then back into the action, and they come out on top. Now a few seconds of single player clips come up, and then the Killzone 2 only on Playstation3.

This would go completly against Sony's normal marketing, which dosn't convay fun or that the product is even a game. Also I know it would cost extra money, but I think this game could even go the route of having 2 -3 differant style commercials. It is all about making this game the game that everyone expects you to have. That is how Halo is, Gran Turismo, and Mario. Everyone either expects you to have played or heard of these games. Thats hope Sony can finally start getting things right next year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

They're going to have to advertise this game in a way that doesnt make the ps3 seem too hardcore

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

well i hope it does, i game 4 years or was it 5 years in the making? look anyway there's the dedicated fans that knows all about this game and will be getting it in multiple copies like special editions, its the casual fans that needs to know about this awesome game. i hope they do something cool like hot Microsoft did for halo 3 release, maybe they could hire a bunch of marines or fake marines with guns and put on a little show for us with guns blazing and vehicles. that be great!