By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo Lost the Hardcore Gamer? article by IGN

http://wii.ign.com/articles/933/933583p1.html

Seem IGN definitely have a huge meltdown here. Anyway I have a different opinion about this and it involves disruption but still a interesting read notheless.

LOL I wonder if IGN seen the NPD next week XD

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Why why WHY can't Animal Crossing be both a so-called (though wrongly) "hardcore" game and a so-called (though again... wrongly) "casual" game at the same time? Oh wait, that's right. Because that would hurt "hardcore"'s feelings even though many of their games cater to the "casual" crowd anyway. This whole "hardcore" vs "casual" is so tiresome and stupid I feel like I'm back in middle school.

I have a 10 page rant on this wherein I also say how we should categorize games-gamers but I'm way too lazy to type it up. Until then, stay classy Matt.

Well they lost me a huge nintendo fanboy, and a hardcore gamer.

mM

its already too late for the wii to get hardcore gamers, and everyone knows hardcore gamers are the big spenders who waste a lot of $$ buying games

Just wait until Zelda Wii gets announced. Everyone will come running back, pushing, killing others, and running over dead bodies to get a Wii.

:P

Around the Network

I honestly hate that "Hardcore-Casual" crap, it's only for rabbids fanboys on forums.

Nintendo is taking a break -- trying to leave room for the third-parties. It worked with the DS, it does not appear to be working as well with the Wii.

That's the reason for Reggie's comment -- it was a warning to third-parties who don't figure things out soon.

The Wii has almost matched the GC's output of first-party titles -- in two years. So Nintendo can't be faulted too much. Funny thing, had it been slower and released MK Wii this Xmas, no one would be complaining.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

The article comes from the person that gave the most pathetic wii music review.
That nintendo vs hardcore subject is becoming ridiculous
I pass.

first party doesn't equal hardcore. Nintendo's first party franchises have decreased in difficulty these past two generations to allow casual games a chance, pretty much diluting any hardcore aspirations they may have had.

mike_intellivision said:
Nintendo is taking a break -- trying to leave room for the third-parties. It worked with the DS, it does not appear to be working as well with the Wii.

That's the reason for Reggie's comment -- it was a warning to third-parties who don't figure things out soon.

The Wii has almost matched the GC's output of first-party titles -- in two years. So Nintendo can't be faulted too much. Funny thing, had it been slower and released MK Wii this Xmas, no one would be complaining.

Mike from Morgantown

Warning against what? I know it has to be a warning, since Nintendo has no need to beg third-parties to join (they're doing fine on their own). And I know the industry is having major changes, with Nintendo's side reaping positive results while the HD side mostly negative. But it sounds like Nintendo has something bug up their sleeves.