By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3: Two Years Later

and it's only going to get better!

Around the Network

The only section i hate seeing is price. Stop complaining about $400. I bought a 60 gig about 6 months after launch for $650.

But great article. Really shows how far the PS3 has come in just 2 years.

Also stop complaining about no backwards compatitbility. If you want to play PS2 games hook up your PS2 and play them. I have a Wii, PS3, and 360 hooked up right now. Why can't you have a PS2 and PS3 hooked up?

goddog said:
"So there we have it. Clearly, the PlayStation 3 is a much more robust and fully-featured device than it was at launch. "
no your wrong here. removal of hardware, then software backwards compatibility means it is not, unless of course your lucky enough to have a 20, or 60 gb unit.

not related to the prior comment, wifi is a luxury, that honestly hurts gameplay speed, download speed, and leaves you open to security issues. they could save money and cut costs by removing that feature, a feature, which is less valuable then backwards compatibility.

I remember some recent poll that said over 65% of PS3 owners use WiFi instead of wired connections. Can't find it though :S.

But heck. I use WiFi instead of wired and my ps3 is set less than 5 feet away from my router.... it's just one less port I have to use, and one less wire that has to be there....

4 ≈ One

Good read, Nice job Dgc1808!

Tifa got MOVES!

Jinova said:
Good read, Nice job Dgc1808!

Thanks . But IGN Editor Chris Roper deserves all the credit. I'm just spreading the article as news :)

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Funny how it didn't manage to include  anything about software.....I guess it just wasn't imnortant enough....

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Feniris said:

Funny how it didn't manage to include  anything about software.....I guess it just wasn't imnortant enough....

hah.. didn't even notice that until i saw your post.. ign dropped the ball there.. it is almost a joke to write an article about a consoles lifespan to date and not include its software lineup

tabsina said:
Feniris said:

hah.. didn't even notice that until i saw your post.. ign dropped the ball there.. it is almost a joke to write an article about a consoles lifespan to date and not include its software lineup

Well, that doesn't really need to be put there, as it obviously gets better over time since each time a new game comes out the lineup improves. Whether the games are good or not is not of importance, a console's lineup can't get worse if new games are added. And we all know the PS3 has some damn great games.

Dgc1808 said:
goddog said:
"So there we have it. Clearly, the PlayStation 3 is a much more robust and fully-featured device than it was at launch. "
no your wrong here. removal of hardware, then software backwards compatibility means it is not, unless of course your lucky enough to have a 20, or 60 gb unit.

not related to the prior comment, wifi is a luxury, that honestly hurts gameplay speed, download speed, and leaves you open to security issues. they could save money and cut costs by removing that feature, a feature, which is less valuable then backwards compatibility.

I remember some recent poll that said over 65% of PS3 owners use WiFi instead of wired connections. Can't find it though :S.

But heck. I use WiFi instead of wired and my ps3 is set less than 5 feet away from my router.... it's just one less port I have to use, and one less wire that has to be there....

they might be, but would they make the effort to buy one if it wasnt included, im betting not, on top of that, Sonys problem of late has been cost, and an easy way to shave cost is to cut wifi out, that could easily change into a 50 dollar price drop, and might give them profit off each unit. on top of that it would have been better for the user to remove wifi, and not remove backwards compatibility. I assume the backwards compatibility was stripped because not only was it a way to cut costs, but keep people buying ps2s where they are making money. I assume this because backwards compatibility was a core philosophy of the playstation brand, wifi was not, so to kill backwards compatibility over wifi must have other benefits.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

It is awsome just how much the PS3 has grown over the last two years, and the best part is this is not even scratching the surface of what is about to come in the next two years. I have never had a product that has grown as much as the Playstation 3 has, from all sides of the spectrum PS3 has seen major improvemnts. No one can argue the fact that it is the best entertainment system on the market. The only thing that is really troublesome is the price tag. It may never make a differance now due to loss of mindshare, but for those few that own it what a great addition it is.

Congrats Sony, Heres to two more years of beautiful improvments.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL