By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are all gamers Fat?

Domo-Kun said:
@max

Nah, it isn't hard, you just have to stay dedicated.

Basically I didn't count anything but colories, since your body needs some carbs to keep your brain healthy, and some fat to keep your heart healthy, going too low on either can be really bad for you.

Calories are basically a count of both carbs and fat, so if you set a number for yourself, and buy generally healthy foods, it isn't rough at all.

Being dedicated is hard work for some people. Also keep track of everything you eat too.. I mean at 2 in the morning if I wanted to snack on something I'd probablly forget to count them (youre being modest)

Around the Network

5'10" at 160 pounds. So, no, I'm not at all overweight. I've guess I fit into the large frame category as I've got broader shoulders than my brother who is 6'2" and he is a pretty big guy.

@ Domo-Kun: I'm impressed. That is some major weight loss! Your heart and the rest of your body are very thankful that you have lost so much weight!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@max
I always did. :P

But I always ate a green apple or some celery or something that doesn't have enough calories to matter all that much.

The trick to dieting is actually eating alot, but of healthy foods.

If you eat alot of low calorie foods, your body has to digest them. Which forces your metabolism to work and burn more calories.

So, yeah, I snacked alot. I just had to leafrn to like some nasty foods.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Max King of the Wild said:
Domo-Kun said:
@max

Basically I didn't count anything but colories, since your body needs some carbs to keep your brain healthy, and some fat to keep your heart healthy, going too low on either can be really bad for you.

Calories are basically a count of both carbs and fat, so if you set a number for yourself, and buy generally healthy foods, it isn't rough at all.

Being dedicated is hard work for some people. Also keep track of everything you eat too.. I mean at 2 in the morning if I wanted to snack on something I'd probablly forget to count them (youre being modest)

Its really all just about breaking habits and replacing everything in your diet with healthy stuff.  Once you have made the shift, its pretty easy to stick with it.  You feel better (it really is true that you are what you eat, your body works a lot better if you eat healthy), and your stomach shrinks, so you simply aren't as hungry.  Short-term diets don't work, you have to completely change your eating habits.  And you would be amazed how many of your eating habits are simply psychological and can be pretty easily changed if you just try.

You can snack as much as you want if it is healthy.  Foods high in fat, sugar, and sodium should be avoided.  One of my favorite healthy snacks is dehydrated fruit.  Craisins, for instance, are like heroin.  They are so damn good!

Potato chips are a major perpetrator, but aren't as bad if you go for the baked rather than fried varieties.  Whole grain stuff is much better for you too.

With desserts, you can switch to sherbert instead of ice cream.  Personally, I like it more and it has WAY less calories and a fraction of the fat.

A lot of people eat way too much meat as well.  The amount of meat you should eat per day is about the size of your fist.  And also, red meat (except stuff like filet mignon and roast beef that are very lean) should be avoided at all costs.  Same with most kinds of pork and other extremely fat meats.  Chicken and especially fish are much better alternatives.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm not just joining the band-wagon when I say that your metamorphosis is nearly incredible. Good for you, man! :)

Around the Network

Thanks Dogs. :)

We'll miss you George.

Domo-Kun said:
Thanks Dogs. :)

What are you going to do with your skin if you don't mind me asking... 20 pounds is a lot of extra skin.

akuma587 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Domo-Kun said:
@max

Its really all just about breaking habits and replacing everything in your diet with healthy stuff.  Once you have made the shift, its pretty easy to stick with it.  You feel better (it really is true that you are what you eat, your body works a lot better if you eat healthy), and your stomach shrinks, so you simply aren't as hungry.  Short-term diets don't work, you have to completely change your eating habits.  And you would be amazed how many of your eating habits are simply psychological and can be pretty easily changed if you just try.

You can snack as much as you want if it is healthy.  Foods high in fat, sugar, and sodium should be avoided.  One of my favorite healthy snacks is dehydrated fruit.  Craisins, for instance, are like heroin.  They are so damn good!

Potato chips are a major perpetrator, but aren't as bad if you go for the baked rather than fried varieties.  Whole grain stuff is much better for you too.

With desserts, you can switch to sherbert instead of ice cream.  Personally, I like it more and it has WAY less calories and a fraction of the fat.

A lot of people eat way too much meat as well.  The amount of meat you should eat per day is about the size of your fist.  And also, red meat (except stuff like filet mignon and roast beef that are very lean) should be avoided at all costs.  Same with most kinds of pork and other extremely fat meats.  Chicken and especially fish are much better alternatives.

I like Goji Berries ;)

@max

Leave it there.

I don't have the money to get it removed.

We'll miss you George.

Nope I'm not fat. I'm low-average. Almost 5'5 and 120 pounds, gained a little of weight (was ~115) but that makes some places rounder! ;)

I don't think I look very thin. I think I'm fine the way I am now. I wear small size clothes and can fit in a size 0 (USA) skirt, which isn't that small compared to Canadian sizes... I swear this is a marketing plot. Sheesh... I wear size 3 skirts/5 jeans here!