By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

I would take these numbers with a sack full of salt. As for me, I don't take them on anything at all.

Around the Network
heruamon said:
Geee...I guess M$'s price cut is going to work after all...

Anybody using common sense would have realized that the cuts were aimed at the holiday buying spree, not some arbitrary date in September, but you've gotta "institutional" the price in the minds of consumers. I think we are going to see some massive numbers next week for all consoles, as people will scale back on holiday shopping, but consoles are a bargain, as compared to big screen tv's...ouch to those expecting to make money off that...hmmmm.

Yeah, many talked about how reactionary the 360 price cut was instead of realizing that, before the Wii, no console had ever gone as long as the 360 had without dropping the price $100.  It was time perfectly in that it 1) was timed early enough so that it could foster weekly growth before the holiday shopping spree, 2) late enough so that the price cuts would not heavily affect profitability and 3) just in time for a very unique explosion in diverse, quality software releases.

Expect a similar disparity when the American numbers come in.  360 outsells the PS3 by 200k+ this week.

Well played, MS.  Well played.

360 higher sales were expected, certainly will be its last year like this. on games front its looking quite grim in 2009.

once things settle going into 2009 like in feb-march. we should have a good picture on how rest of gen could possibly play out.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ssj12 said:
Bagaren85 said:
Why didnt you put the numbers in first post?? LOL.

Great 360 times. Lips maybe was suceesful? And some people loled that it was already dead. Haha, but the battle will be tight in december, both ps3 and 360 will do great.

And when time is ready ps3 will take some steps up. Good for gaming, becuase america and JP - Ps3 got some problems.

Japan is an added buffer for Sony this generation. It might be Nintendo first but its Sony second in Japan.

American really has fallen this generation in terms of the market to sell to. The EU has become the main market for the industy.

Still Sony wants profitability right now, they need sales and as long as sales increase this holiday their share holders will be happy and the game division might turn a really nice profit March 2009.

That's simply due to Nintendo and the large influx of casual gaming and its foothold in others. That said, even then, the EU lead isn't significant enough to moot America, which does particularly well on the core-software side of things.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Smashed said:
I have a great feeling 360 is overtracked.

No you just wish it was.

Around the Network

i think all those impulse buyers are thick

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ssj12 said:
Lucky Sony stated they dont care about market share at the moment

Oh they care plenty, they just can't do anything about it. It's called damage control.

rudyrsr8 said:
What game released for 360 only?

LIPS ?? :P

Skeeuk said:
360 higher sales were expected, certainly will be its last year like this. on games front its looking quite grim in 2009.

once things settle going into 2009 like in feb-march. we should have a good picture on how rest of gen could possibly play out.

lol, so things are looking "quite grim" for the 360 in 2009 on the software front, and things won't matter for future trends until March 09 when the PS3 gets a price-cut?

Could you be any more Sony biased, hating, and talking trash?

I understand you not liking these numbers, buy why are you flaming the 360? It's insecurity.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

wonder how lips did in europe.