By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

others got massive adjustments xbox360 was over 160k last week and ds over 400k

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

It's beginning to looks a lot like Christmas.

Sony might be in a situation they did not foresee, they might have to pricecut ahead of plans.

Nintendo is just catching up with marked demand.

Microsoft, their timing has been perfect, the priecut and the game offering is really helping them. Exactly the opposite of Sony, the economics are helping them more than they planned.

I find it very hard to believe these 360 numbers. Wow.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I am still wondering how suddenly X360 sales jumped so dramatically with 20€ price cut. Earlier this year they slashed 70€ of the price and gained maybe extra 20k sales.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:

I am still wondering how suddenly X360 sales jumped so dramatically with 20€ price cut. Earlier this year they slashed 70€ of the price and gained maybe extra 20k sales.

At a certain level, prices hit mainstream consumer pricing. The 360 has hit a level where the mainstream consumer will buy it. It's not the amount of price cut, but the price at which a consumer is willing to buy a video game console.

I never thought Id ever get to say this:

360 outsells PS3 + PS2 in Others this week!

KillerMan said:

Because it's not just the pricecut that's affecting sales. ;)

Game library + starting to appeal to casuals are a big influence too, and it's only going to get bigger.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

I'm going to take a line from our banned friend's burgle's sig.

WOW.... Just WOW!!!!

It's going to be an ugly, ugly, Christmas.

My expectations are very very low for Sony's console.

In contrast though, this is more than likely 360's peak year, so what do you expect? I do hope that Sony turns it around though, but for the time being, this is UGLY

One of the oldest Members of the site.

kirby007 said:
others got massive adjustments xbox360 was over 160k last week and ds over 400k

Hum? So the numbers and the adjustments come in at the same time? Gotta be. Interesting. That means my calculations above are incorrect.

This is invisible text!