By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair delayed untill september

"Retailer Gamestop notified customers today that Factor 5's PLAYSTATION 3 gameLair wouldn't make its intended ship date of August 14th, as recently announced, and will be delayed into the first week of September. We contacted SCEA reps but received no response. However, a new posting at the official PlayStation Blog confirms that Lair will make its way to store shelves on September 4th, three weeks later than originally planned.

SCEA producer Ryan Hamlyn wrote that the delay was due to"an extra step in QA testing to enhance the community features in the game." More specifically, "Natural challenges that arose while finalizing the offline game to include key online features - such as leaderboards and medal systems - have led to the difficult choice of pushing back the release date." Bummer!"

I wonder if they are adding traditional controls to the flight segment of the game.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:

I wonder if they are adding traditional controls to the flight segment of the game.

That was my first thought.

Domination starts in...September?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sounds like it's just tweaking network stuff...no analog stick flight, unless it's already been added.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

like hell you say!!!

=(

if they make it better then ok, RSV was definitively worth it.

Around the Network

Does this mean EGM has reviewed a Beta ?

Good move. Looks like there WERE issues with the game. Lets see if three weeks of tweaking will do some good.

I also think they are adding traditional controls, if its possible in 3 weeks.

The game had already gone gold. This is practically unprecedented; the game had been completed and sent for production, then recalled. Wonder how much this cost them? Probably not as much as the "Spastic" Mario Party recall! :p

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I'm surprised they only announced it now. They must've anticipated this much earlier on because based on its original release date, knowing industrial production and manufacturing timelines, it should be cranking out on the production lines by now.

Its also surprisingly that its a 3 week delay, that's actually a fair amount of time to make changes and add stuff.

Diomedes1976 said:
Does this mean EGM has reviewed a Beta ?

or a 4 month old version.