By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I got stopped by Scientologists today

I was walking down new street in Birmingham, I walked past the church of scientology who were asking questions. One of them cornered me and started asking questions. I wasn't in a good mood so I decided to challenge her.

She asked me what I wanted out of life. I told her that I would like to do a PhD and have a happy family life. The following questions she asked basically backed me into a corner to make me say that I was very stressed. Things like, 'So is the prospect of trying achive all that scary?' you know, questions you can't say no too.

anyway, in the end she told me I could get rid of my stress and it would be simple. To which I told her that stress is really the only great motivator.

All I have achieved in life is through stress with deadlines, reports, grades and so on. If I didn't have any of that I would still have the mental age of a child because nothing would be forcing me to learn and grow. Then I told her that humanities great accomplishments have all been achieved through stress. When we are at war, the stress of thinking we could lose forces us to create new technology and that most of technology such as the computer and explosives have been created, improved and refined because of conflict.

anyway, she looked at me strange and walked off.

Around the Network

Nice. Though you could have saved the speech and just answered that all you want out of life is the death of all living things. That tends to shut them up even faster.

^ I am so going back to tell them that lol

LOL awesome. Religious people are only silenced by people more extreme than they are. =)

My hobby is to put off as much as possible the religious missionaries that bother me. I really hate the ones that drag their kids around with them. It is just cheap and I feel sad for these kids being brain-washed for their entire lives.

Hmm, I wonder what I should tell a scientologist: Yeah I am stressed but stress brings pain and I enjoy pain, A LOT. It just feels so good. Wait where are you going?

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Around the Network

I wish i knew where a church of scientology was. Id have them for breakfast

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Haha. You know your wierd when a scientologist thinks your strange.

u should have said u wanted to sleep with her and see what they say i do it all the time they usaul blush but some of the older ones tell me to grow a dick

That's the way to do it, battle Scientologists with logic. It confuses them.

dogsforlife said:
u should have said u wanted to sleep with her and see what they say i do it all the time they usaul blush but some of the older ones tell me to grow a dick

That's not a bad idea.