By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Jaffe approves of GoW3 (graphics)

SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
RolStoppable said:
I disrespect David Jaffe as a game developer and human being. His vocabulary is very limited, how old is he? Twelve?

Shit, I curse all the fucking time, am a grown man and work full time to support my family. I'd rather have someone that curses to get his/her point across, then listen to some fake ceo beat around the bush all day while sucking ____ to make sure no one is offended. Welcome to the real world, there are plently of successful people that has crap vocab and use foul langauge, even the most "mature" human beings.

I hope you're joking? :/

For example, did Miyamoto ever swear, I mean, at all? He got lots of points across like his ''a delayed game is eventually good, etc. etc.'' and the ''expanded audience'' stuff without using a single foul word. Why can't Mr. Jaffe do it?

I hope you're joking!

For example did he ever say every single person swears or did he say some of the most successful people swear?

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
RolStoppable said:
I disrespect David Jaffe as a game developer and human being. His vocabulary is very limited, how old is he? Twelve?

Shit, I curse all the fucking time, am a grown man and work full time to support my family. I'd rather have someone that curses to get his/her point across, then listen to some fake ceo beat around the bush all day while sucking ____ to make sure no one is offended. Welcome to the real world, there are plently of successful people that has crap vocab and use foul langauge, even the most "mature" human beings.

I hope you're joking? :/

For example, did Miyamoto ever swear, I mean, at all? He got lots of points across like his ''a delayed game is eventually good, etc. etc.'' and the ''expanded audience'' stuff without using a single foul word. Why can't Mr. Jaffe do it?

Maybe because he's NOT Miyamoto? Is Jaffe supposed to be Miyamoto? Is Miyamoto supposed to be some "model game designer"? 

But hey, two could play at this game. Jaffe answers questions honestly about himself and his opinions. Why can't Miyamoto talk freely about himself? Jaffe seems to be honest? why can't Miyamoto do it? 

..... oh right, because Nintendo doesn't want him to talk about his smoking, drinking and gambling issues. 

bbsin said:
^ why not?

maybe because Sony lets him say and do what he wants, unlike another game creator that has to hide his personality and keep things disclosed. He is who he is, a fouled mouth game designer, no need to hide it.

Meh, I just like to stick to principles I guess. It brings out his aggressiveness for no reason if you ask me, which, I'm sure, is obviously not the best thing he has to offer. The proof is just here: people are comparing him to a teenager, not a game developer.

Also, I never said he can't be a human being. I just think there are always better ways to interpret certain concepts you want to show to people, just so you don't sound like a frustrated person in life.

@ Max: And what's the point of your post? I'm just comparing Jaffe with Miyamoto here. o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

bbsin said:
^ why not?

maybe because Sony lets him say and do what he wants, unlike another game creator that has to hide his personality and keep things disclosed. He is who he is, a fouled mouth game designer, no need to hide it.

There's a better example here than Shigeru Miyamoto - How about Tomonobu Itagaki? The guy who made Ninja Gaiden. He's known for criticising other game franchises and developers almost constantly, yet I don't think he goes around cursing like a madman, either.

I curse alot, so I'm not saying that "omg you shouldn't curse", but that was just way over the top. I really don't think you should curse on the job when in a high management position at all, and even if I can excuse some cursing, that was inexcusable. He was like South Park on drugs.

SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
^ why not?

Meh, I just like to stick to principles I guess. It brings out his aggressiveness for no reason if you ask me, which, I'm sure, is obviously not the best thing he has to offer. The proof is just here: people are comparing him to a teenager, not a game developer.

@ Max: And what's the point of your post? I'm just comparing Jaffe with Miyamoto here. o_O

Why compare miyamoto to jaffe at all?

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
^ why not?

You know what even worse? these guys that think Jaffe is a teenager are the same that plans on playing his IP and enjoyed his game. I guess it's good to be a teenager then huh?

Max King of the Wild said:

Why not? Miyamoto lives in the real world too, and he's a very successful person even though I've never seen him swear?

bbsin said:

You know what even worse? these guys that think Jaffe is a teenager are the same that plans on playing his IP and enjoyed his game. I guess it's good to be a teenager then huh?

They're not playing the game for Jaffe. They're playing the game because they love the franchise. I doubt we'll even see a little reflection of Jaffe's personality in the character of Kratos. o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

RolStoppable said:

I never did get this argument. How does using profanity make your vocabulary limited? The idea that people use it because they don't know other words is misleading. What if I used awesome and stupid head, instead of fuck and shit, does that mean my vocabulary is better? In conversations, we stay fairly consistent with how we speak and write most of the time, unless you're speaking or writing academically but those are usually for specific purposes not for general conversations.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
bbsin said:
^ why not?

There's a better example here than Shigeru Miyamoto - How about Tomonobu Itagaki? The guy who made Ninja Gaiden. He's known for criticising other game franchises and developers almost constantly, yet I don't think he goes around cursing like a madman, either.

I curse alot, so I'm not saying that "omg you shouldn't curse", but that was just way over the top. I really don't think you should curse on the job when in a high management position at all, and even if I can excuse some cursing, that was inexcusable. He was like South Park on drugs.

Is he cursing on the job? Is he getting paid for his personal blog? Give me a break. Your statement is full of hypocrisy, and you didn't even read the source of the info before commenting.

On a side note: how many real curse words are in Japanese? hardly any, and none of which are used in the same context of english curse words.

SHMUPGurus said:
Max King of the Wild said:

Why not? Miyamoto lives in the real world too, and he's a very successful person even though I've never seen him swear?

Yeah but bbsin didnt compare him to Miyamoto... he didnt even compare him to developers... he just said some successful people swear... which is true