By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Strikers Charged US Sales Expectations

List your expectations:

1st week- 150,000

1st month (August)- 250,000

I expect this not to be as big a game as Mario Party 8 for several reasons:

1. Soccer is not a very popular sport in the US.
2. Not as casual centric as Mario Party 8 (even though it is accessible)
3. I don't think Nintendo is going to heavily advertise this game. When Warioware, Mario Party, Paper Mario and Wii Play came out, there were a lot of TV ads. Pokemon Battle Revolution didn't get much in TV ads compared to those, and I expect Mario Strikers to be closer to that. I still haven't seen a single TV ad for Mario Strikers.

I expect numbers similar to Pokemon Battle Revolution, but better because I expect more core gamer adoption of this than that game. Most of the buyers will be traditional Nintendo fans, some core gamers and some casuals.

It won't be a huge seller to either Core or casuals because it's not big enough for core gamers to buy it in huge numbers (Metroid Prime is coming soon) and it's not casual/party game enough for the casuals to buy in huge numbers.

Strong debut and then it fades away like Pokemon Battle but performs better overall because it's a better game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Naaaaaah, i think you're wrong on this one mate

i seriously expect 250-300k first week

400-450k first month

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

300k first month.

And about 750k after holiday season. Title is setup pretty well that it'll be able to last to hit holiday seasons to get that sales boost.

1st week...
185-260k

But in the mean time ps3 sales by next week to be at 4.09-4.12m

Wii 9.89-10.01m

360- 10.28-10.31m

Just waiting for those numbers to confirm my prediction..
But strikers will sell no more than 300,000 units.

mM
ckmlb - The first Mario Strikers sold .9 million in NA.

Considering the inclusion of online and how much more successful the Wii is than the Cube, I don't see why the game won't top 1 mill in NA when all is said and done.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

1. Soccer is not a very popular sport in the US.

That's very true.

I expect around 200,000 the first week. Even when footb... I mean, soccer, is not the most popular sport in the US, the online feature and the 'Mario' feature of the game will make it sell kind of well. 

I think the one major thing it has going right now is that you can actually play online. I could see a lot of people picking it up just for that. I'm guessing it could pull 300k the first month and probably 100k each month afterwards for awhile. One thing that could hurt overall sales is MP3 release end of August.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I have seen the Charged Commercial at least 10 times in the past few weeks. It has 4 guys playing it. I think they are advertising it very well.

Because of the advertisement, which Pokemon BR lacked, I would give it, at most, 200k first week. Low end prediction would be 150k.

leo-j said:
But strikers will sell no more than 300,000 units.

Do you mean in the first month? 'Cuz if it sells accordingly to your prediction, it can't possiblly fall short of 300K. Never mind, I misread that. I get you.

I'll go medium opening, good legs. 190K for the first week, 300K for the month, over a million lifetime.

stof said:
ckmlb - The first Mario Strikers sold .9 million in NA.

Considering the inclusion of online and how much more successful the Wii is than the Cube, I don't see why the game won't top 1 mill in NA when all is said and done.

There was a first Mario Strikers?

Either way, when I went to get my copy they didn't have anything beyond the stores preorders.  Which is just weird since i had just preorded mine the day before because I was in the store so either it preordered extremly high or they just didn't get a lot of stock.   They had jerseys and stuff promoting the release so it'd be odd if they didn't get a lot of stock.

I think it might do well just because as it stands it's the Wii's best online option.  I expect it to be one of those games that has good legs but might not have the best sales upfront despite what my antecdotal evidence might suggest.  Eh I'll go with Fazz's number though.