i seriously expect 250-300k first week

400-450k first month

1st Party Nintendo Wii games this year- 

Mario Party 8 1st week- 310,000
Wii Play 1st week- 180,000
Super Paper Mario 1st week- 165,000
Pokemon Battle Revolution 1st week- 145,000
Wario Ware 1st week- 125,000

It doesn't have the extra remote of Wii Play.
It doesn't have the casual party game appeal of Mario Party or Wario Ware.
It doesn't have the big core gamer appeal of Paper Mario (probably the 2nd most crtically acclaimed Wii game so far 86% avg.)
It doesn't have the license of Pokemon.
It's a soccer game.

I don't think I'm that far off, but if you think this game is gonna do better than all those opening weak and match MP 8's huge first week, I think you are really overestimating.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

currently #8 on amazon. not sold out. wasn't following its trend though. also, probably the type of game amazon undertracks.

probably 50% of mario party. but i honestly don't have a clue. it just looks like such a fun game, even if it is only a soccer game. there's also the big plus of being the only real online Wii title.

but it should DEFINITELY do way better than pokemon. c'mon, pokemon wii is there to steal money from moms who don't know better.

140k first week, and way longer legs than pokemon. 300k first month seems about right.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Kasz216 said:
stof said:
ckmlb - The first Mario Strikers sold .9 million in NA.

Considering the inclusion of online and how much more successful the Wii is than the Cube, I don't see why the game won't top 1 mill in NA when all is said and done.

There was a first Mario Strikers?

Yup. And it sold 1.54 Million world wide. Most of that was in NA. 

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=2280

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Soriku said:
@ckmlb

Soccer might not be the best sport in US but it's the best sport WW.

Which doesn't add much to a discussion of US sales figures.

DonWii said:
I have seen the Charged Commercial at least 10 times in the past few weeks. It has 4 guys playing it. I think they are advertising it very well.

Because of the advertisement, which Pokemon BR lacked, I would give it, at most, 200k first week. Low end prediction would be 150k.

I think they need to change their commercials.  It was really funny at first, the thought of really big Nintendo executives going door to door to try and convince people to buy their systems but since every commercial has the same opening and "we would like to play" I kinda zone out before it gets to the games at this point.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Neos said:

Naaaaaah, i think you're wrong on this one mate

i seriously expect 250-300k first week

400-450k first month

1. It doesn't have the casual party game appeal of Mario Party or Wario Ware.
2. It doesn't have the big core gamer appeal of Paper Mario (probably the 2nd most crtically acclaimed Wii game so far 86% avg.)
3. It doesn't have the license of Pokemon.
4. It's a soccer game.

1. I think it will appeal to a lot of the people that like Mario Party and Wario Ware, as it's a fun arcade like game.

2. I think it will appeal to a lot of the people that like Paper Mario, as it offers an in depth gameplay experience for thos willing to master it

3. It has the license of Mario

4. And tennis games aren't huge either, but Mario Tennis is always a popular title. And like I said earlier, the first Mario Strikers on the Cube sold .91 million in NA and it was a Soccer game too.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
ckmlb - The first Mario Strikers sold .9 million in NA.

Considering the inclusion of online and how much more successful the Wii is than the Cube, I don't see why the game won't top 1 mill in NA when all is said and done.

900k lifetime sales. That's not impossible with a 250,000 first month, but that does make me think it'll have better legs than I previously thought.

Soriku said:
@ckmlb

Soccer might not be the best sport in US but it's the best sport WW.

Which uh, would be relevent if we were talking about WW numbers.  With US numbers though it doesn't matter what people in england thing.  Well except for the people I know in england who were bugging me to buy this game.  To be fair they were right, it is a lot of fun.

stof said:
ckmlb said:
Neos said:

1. I think it will appeal to a lot of the people that like Mario Party and Wario Ware, as it's a fun arcade like game.

2. I think it will appeal to a lot of the people that like Paper Mario, as it offers an in depth gameplay experience for thos willing to master it

3. It has the license of Mario

4. And tennis games aren't huge either, but Mario Tennis is always a popular title. And like I said earlier, the first Mario Strikers on the Cube sold .91 million in NA and it was a Soccer game too.

1. The main audience of Mario Party and Wario Ware are not people who are into arcade games.

2. It will appeal to some because it is a good game.

3. This is true.

4. This is the best point and it might end up true in the long run.

Edit: To make it clear, my favorite sport is soccer even though that is irrelevant in this debate. Also, another clarification is that this will probably be the first Wii game I get since April (Paper Mario) so I definitely like the game. I eventually decided to skip RE:4 because I have the older one and decided to keep my money for new games instead.

ckmlb said:

List your expectations:

1st week- 150,000

1st month (August)- 250,000

I expect this not to be as big a game as Mario Party 8 for several reasons:

1. Soccer is not a very popular sport in the US.
2. Not as casual centric as Mario Party 8 (even though it is accessible)
3. I don't think Nintendo is going to heavily advertise this game. When Warioware, Mario Party, Paper Mario and Wii Play came out, there were a lot of TV ads. Pokemon Battle Revolution didn't get much in TV ads compared to those, and I expect Mario Strikers to be closer to that. I still haven't seen a single TV ad for Mario Strikers.

I expect numbers similar to Pokemon Battle Revolution, but better because I expect more core gamer adoption of this than that game. Most of the buyers will be traditional Nintendo fans, some core gamers and some casuals.

It won't be a huge seller to either Core or casuals because it's not big enough for core gamers to buy it in huge numbers (Metroid Prime is coming soon) and it's not casual/party game enough for the casuals to buy in huge numbers.

Strong debut and then it fades away like Pokemon Battle but performs better overall because it's a better game.

1. Didn't stop the first game from selling .91 million in America

2. May lose some casuals, but will gain a lot of core with a very good online system

3. I've already seen advertisements for it on TV (2 different ones in fact).  Again, you are suggesting it's going to sell less than half the first Mario Strikers even though this one has online play and is a much better game overall.  So yeah, I'm saying I completely disagree with you.

America: 

First week, 300K

First month, 600K (with long legs)

Lifetime: 1 million plus.