By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eternal Sonata Screens or What Great Cel Shaded Graphics Look Like (no 56k)

leo-j said:
The game looks great for a psp or wii game wherever its headed to it looks pretty good.

The PSP and Wii wish they could do graphics like this. It's for the 360.

Around the Network

I would buy a X360 for this if there where other games i wanted on it but i hope WhiteKnightStory looks just as good.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

wasnt this game rumored to be heading to ps3?.

" Namco-Bandai's gorgeous-looking RPG, Eternal Sonata, previously only announced for Xbox 360, looks like it could now also be making its way to PS3 as well.

The game has turned up on the Game Ratings list on the ESRB website as an Xbox 360 AND PS3 game.

The ESRB website has been a useful source for planned releases in the past, revealing retro games planned for the Wii's Virtual Console download service often before any official announcement is made.

It's speculated that the game may now see a simultaneous release on both consoles, although a 360 timed exclusive isn't ruled out. Either way, it's due out, on 360 at least, later this year."
spread the JRPG love ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

There is a rumor that this will go to the PS3 as well.

I already pre-ordered. I just hope the music-cenetric ness doesn't annoy after a while.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
There is a rumor that this will go to the PS3 as well.

I already pre-ordered. I just hope the music-cenetric ness doesn't annoy after a while.

The musi-centric ness is what makes me want this game. 

Around the Network

It was rumored to be going to the PS3 due to the ESRB rating, but that was removed and there has been absolutely no talk about it at all, recently. It still could, it's being published by Namco-Bandai, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

So here's a technology question, how do cel shaded graphics works and are they something that takes a lot of processing power?

Is it just an attention to detail and that with time the last gen consoles would've been able to display similar?

Looks beautiful

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Looks awesome. Hope they get the demo up on the EU store soon.

Cel-Shaded graphics don't take alot of processing power. Look at Zelda Wind Waker, it has one of the bigest world in a console game and there is almost no loading time.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft