By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game has had the most amazing bosses you ever seen?

Shadow of the Colossus and Star Fox 64--"YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT ANDROOOOOOSS!"

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, along with Sonic & Knuckles had some awe inspiring final bosses. Using the master emerald to power a giant laser beam = hide in corner.

Ganon from Ocarina of Time is also another unforgettable boss. I mean... wow. What a way to end a game.

Metroid Prime, with the Omega Pirate, Meta Ridley, and Metroid Prime... all amazing.

Okami had some great bosses as well. Especially memorable was Ninetails... I thought I was the only one capable of using a celestial brush!

Twilight Princess' final battle was also fantastic. Ganondorf has been cemented as my favorite villain of all time.

And I can't forget your first encounter with Meta Ridley in Corruption. It's like Metroid meets LotR, and it was amazing.

Oh, and I have to give credit to Suda51 for his insane bosses in No More Heroes. All of them were so... mind blowingly awesome.

While I would say Okami, (and I will)
Okami.
I'll also mention Taboo, from Brawl, 'cause he's cool.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Zelda bosses. Mainly from OoT and TP they were on the easy side but they were pretty fucking amazing.

Most recently though it would be the B&Bs from MGS4

Super Contra
Symphony of the Night
Super Metroid( the mother brain fight was one of its kind)
Ocarina of Time( easy to beat , but the bosses were pretty amazing)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

The greatest bosses of all time are all in one game: Abadox. I have created animated .gif's of myself fighting each of them. They are all in my Abadox thread. The link is in my sig.

Enjoy.

Shadow of the Colossus: all of the bosses were great but the figth i remember the most, was the figth against the giant flying monster, geting in top of his wings really give you an amazing feeling.

My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

Shadow of the Collossus, all the bosses were amazing

Resistance owns!!!!!111 one!

resistance 2 boss battle on the rooftops

Metal Gear Solid 1