By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games will you be purchasing for the wii in 2009?

mario galxy
zelda????
monster hunter 3
red steel 2
resident evil 4
call of duty: world at war
pes 2009
the conduit
F-zero wii
tenchu 4
no more heroes 2

that isnt in any particular order

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

Well, as there's almost no Nintendo games released in 2009, I'd have to go with 3rd party games.

I'd have to choose among these:

Little Kings Story, The Conduit, House of the Dead: Overkill, NMH 2, Arc Rise Fantasia, Kizuna, Madworld, Sonic & the Black Knight, Tenchu 4, Deadly Creatures, Mushroom Men, Overlord, Rune Factory: Frontier, Oboro Murarmasa: The Demon Blade, Fragile, The New Tales, Klonoa, Let's Tap, Valalha Knights, Sky Crawlers (hoperfully), Tatsunoko vs Capcom (hopefully), MH3 (hopefully), Spyborgs (Maybe), DR:CTYD (If it doesnt turn out like a turd), Cursed Mountain, Renegade Kid's Dracula, Elebits 2, Suda's EA project, Red Steel 2 (If it doesnt turn out like a turd), FFCC:CB (If the game is still in development for the Wii), Inazuma Eleven Break (hopefully), PES 09, EA's Tennis game, Tiger Woods '10, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII (Hopefully), Samurai Warriors 3 (Hopefully), KORE Gang, Hudson's leaked Horror game, Moto GP 08 (If it's not cancelled already), FFCC:EoT (It's a DS port, it should be really cheap), Bleach: Versus Crusade, Naruto 3, SPORE, Rygar, Ghostbusters, Sadness (hopefully), Codemasters F1 (hopefully), Factor 5 projects (allegedly said to be getting announced soon) and whatever unnanounced projects other devs may have.

As for Nintendo, if they plan on releasing more games in the Americas, I may consider them. So far only Wii Sports Resort is coming out and I'll be buying it for the WM+. The other projects may never see the light here because Reggie doesn't like games with a rating over E. He is very concerned about kids, he would hate for a kid to turn into a terrorist or a violent person!!!!!!!!!!!1
So if Reggie allows other games than the GC ports or Wii Sports Resort, I may have something else to look forwards to.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

The Conduit
House of the Dead Overkill
Wii Sports Resort

I forgot about Little King's Story. Thanks, trestres. This is also on my list, looks very promising.

1. Arc Rise Fantasia
2. House of the Dead: Overkill
3. Muramasa: Demon Blade
4. MadWorld
5. Little King Story
6. Conduit
7. Fragile
8. Fatal Frame 4

Maybe: Deadly Creatures, Overlord, Tenchu 4

Around the Network

hmm lets see about 30+ games so far that I want but that's too many to beat in a year so it will be around 15 maybe.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

trestres said:
Well, as there's almost no Nintendo games released in 2009, I'd have to go with 3rd party games.

Little Kings Story, The Conduit, House of the Dead: Overkill, NMH 2, Arc Rise Fantasia, Kizuna, Madworld, Sonic & the Black Knight, Tenchu 4, Deadly Creatures, Mushroom Men, Overlord, Rune Factory: Frontier, Oboro Murarmasa: The Demon Blade, Fragile, The New Tales, Klonoa, Let's Tap, Valalha Knights, Sky Crawlers (hoperfully), Tatsunoko vs Capcom (hopefully), MH3 (hopefully), Spyborgs (Maybe), DR:CTYD (If it doesnt turn out like a turd), Cursed Mountain, Renegade Kid's Dracula, Elebits 2, Suda's EA project, Red Steel 2 (If it doesnt turn out like a turd), FFCC:CB (If the game is still in development for the Wii), Inazuma Eleven Break (hopefully), PES 09, EA's Tennis game, Tiger Woods '10, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII (Hopefully), Samurai Warriors 3 (Hopefully), KORE Gang, Hudson's leaked Horror game, Moto GP 08 (If it's not cancelled already), FFCC:EoT (It's a DS port, it should be really cheap), Bleach: Versus Crusade, Naruto 3, SPORE, Rygar, Ghostbusters, Sadness (hopefully), Codemasters F1 (hopefully), Factor 5 projects (allegedly said to be getting announced soon) and whatever unnanounced projects other devs may have.

As for Nintendo, if they plan on releasing more games in the Americas, I may consider them. So far only Wii Sports Resort is coming out and I'll be buying it for the WM+. The other projects may never see the light here because Reggie doesn't like games with a rating over E. He is very concerned about kids, he would hate for a kid to turn into a terrorist or a violent person!!!!!!!!!!!1
So if Reggie allows other games than the GC ports or Wii Sports Resort, I may have something else to look forwards to.

'Choo talkin' about?  Wii isn't allowed to have big third-party exclusives.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
trestres said:

what are you like when you're not on your minstrel cycle?

Cougarmans list, basically. Minus a few (NMH definately isn't 2009).

• MadWorld
  • The Conduit
  • Arc Rise Fantasia
  • Punch-out
  • Fragile
  • Kazuna
  • Sin and punishment 2
  • Monster hunter 3 ( if it comes out next year)
  • Fatal Frame 4
  • Muramasa
  • wii sports resort
  • FFCC: Crystal bearers ( i doubt we will see this game in 2009, but one can hope)
  • Red Steel 2
  • Pikmin 3
  • TvC (PLEEEEEEAAAAASE COME OUT IN EUROPE/US)

@vdoesntforgive: That was a pretty terrible joke. Please next time try a new one :)

Btw it's menstrual cycle, but I really doubt you know what that is.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Good to know you're up to snuff on what you suffer so badly from, Tres.

I'll remember to directly call you out on your next comment of self pity. So I'll see you in one post.