By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - If "Wii Gamer" doesn't change his username, this site will never gain credibility.

Kwaad said: as far as I'm aware PS4 is NOT an admin. However at MANY website forums. Sony, Microsoft, and others I have seen this site listed as 'Wii biased the creator is named 'Wii_gamer' How credible is that?' So yes I agree.
So let's hope that the Wii is dying soon and vgcharts are the first to break the news. Exclusive interview with Perrin Kaplan: "Does that mean we have stopped Wii production? It sure does." Apparantly it's the only way to save this website's reputation with people who'd prefer to believe that "10 million Xbox 360 are in the hands of consumers" (to quote Bill Gates).

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

A lot of the accusations of this site being Wii-biased DO come from fanboys who haven't followed the numbers from a variety of sources, or looked into what press-release numbers mean. For those of us who have followed some numbers, we know this site is as extensive and accurate as there is out there. But for those who want to attack the site, having the main face of the site named "Wii gamer" basically hands them their ammo. Certainly, people will always attack the site blindly, that can't be avoided. But the site must purposefully avoid even the appearence of bias, or it will empower these people.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said: A lot of the accusations of this site being Wii-biased DO come from fanboys who haven't followed the numbers from a variety of sources, or looked into what press-release numbers mean. For those of us who have followed some numbers, we know this site is as extensive and accurate as there is out there. But for those who want to attack the site, having the main face of the site named "Wii gamer" basically hands them their ammo. Certainly, people will always attack the site blindly, that can't be avoided. But the site must purposefully avoid even the appearence of bias, or it will empower these people.
Exactly what I'm trying to say in the moderator thread.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Well if they know Wii_gamer is "the creator" of the site, what will changing his name do now? Everyone's gonna know who really started the site even if he changes his name. I think most of the accusations about this site being Wii-biased come from people who visit the forums, and that's us talking, not Wii_gamer usually. This is the best place to get sales info...if people in other forums don't trust this site because an admin's name is Wii_gamer...then there's not much we can do.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: Well if they know Wii_gamer is "the creator" of the site, what will changing his name do now? Everyone's gonna know who really started the site even if he changes his name. I think most of the accusations about this site being Wii-biased come from people who visit the forums, and that's us talking, not Wii_gamer usually. This is the best place to get sales info...if people in other forums don't trust this site because an admin's name is Wii_gamer...then there's not much we can do.
I agree on that. I read that *once* in the sony forums. (specifically attacking these forums, not the site) I hate to say it, but Sony posters tend to get... pushed out of the site. I can name one reasonable guy that will no-longer post. But I got in e-mail contact with him, and we exchange 2-3 e-mails a day about VG charts forums. Oh he still watches. He just dont see the point in posting... becuase everyone attacks.

Around the Network

I think this is all a load of BS. The reason people "perceive" this site to be Wii biased, is because the *numbers* are skewed towards the Wii - COMPARED TO OTHER CHARTS SITES OUT THERE. When I first came here, I was closely studying the numbers presented here vrs other chart sites (http://nexgenwars.com/ is an obvious one). I decided that not only did this site have the best/most stats - it had the CLOSEST stats to the real figures (IMHO). If the admin changes his tag to "Sony loving PS3 fanboy" people will still think this is a Wii biased site. Simply because the current numbers favor the Wii!. (Is nexgenwars.com a 360 biased site? surely it is - based on the figures!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

A person should be judged on what they do, not what they say or represent.

...sigh...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Kwaad said: I agree on that. I read that *once* in the sony forums. (specifically attacking these forums, not the site) I hate to say it, but Sony posters tend to get... pushed out of the site. I can name one reasonable guy that will no-longer post. But I got in e-mail contact with him, and we exchange 2-3 e-mails a day about VG charts forums. Oh he still watches. He just dont see the point in posting... becuase everyone attacks.
If a person is courteous and reasonable, there shouldn't be any reason he'd get "pushed" out of the forums. Most Wii fans here are fine with a PS3 fan...it's the loud, arrogant ones that cause attacks from the Wii users, themselves being quite arrogant too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: If a person is courteous and reasonable, there shouldn't be any reason he'd get "pushed" out of the forums. Most Wii fans here are fine with a PS3 fan...it's the loud, arrogant ones that cause attacks from the Wii users, themselves being quite arrogant too.
Would you please send me a E-mail to ********** with your username in the subject? (BenKenobi88) Thanks. (I dont like saying names on this forum. But I will say it has happend, and continues to happen from time to time.)