By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My first Sony system - the PSP

DMeisterJ said:
First Sony system?

Should have gotten a PS2. Cheaper and better games.

I agree with DMeisterJ. PSP is a good choice, but the PS2 has such a massive catalog of games. you would be satisfied with every genre available on the system.

Around the Network

Good to here, but I hope PSP dosn't turn you off to Sony products in the future. Trust me I have owned every console they have made, and many of their other electronics, and PSP while a nice piece of tech has been by far my least favorite.

There are some good games on the system, but most are short, and they are far and few. I would figure you could beat all the good conent on PSP in a little over a month even if you are time constrained.

Best Games

-Daxter
-God of War Chains of Olympus
-Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
-Killzone Liberation

Other than those titles I have played hours of trash on this system. FFCC sucks, Patapon sucks, and pretty much everything else. Although I did find some enjoyment in Locoroco.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

CaptainPrefrences said:
You should mod it and get all those games for free.

Man I wish I could ban you for comments like that.

Congrats Dude.

4 ≈ One

Star Ocean: First Departure. If you like Tales battle system, you'll like this one too. ^^

Around the Network

Go Puzzle is a set of games for the price. Towers is my favorite. If you like puzzle games, you shouldn't hesitate to get Go! Puzzle.

Do you like the new screen? Since you have nothing to compare it to, do you notice its alleged problems? Flow is also a very good experience on the PS3 thanks to motion control. I can't vouch for the PSP version though.

Congrats dude, i reccomend the Flow bundle pack, or whatever that was with Siphon filter. :P

Remember you can download old PS1 games off the PS Store now too.

And they have a good number of demos and fully downloadable PSP titles on the store as well.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Congrats on your PSP but I'm shocked that you skipped the PS2.

Congrats... youve just bought the best system ever created IMO ;) If you will have 1/10 as much funas I did with mine then you are already in for a treat ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!