By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The last remnant first impressions...

No defined party and the battles take forever? That looks more like SRPG to me than JRPG and SRPG are too hardcore for my taste.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

You have a defined party, but you can switch it as you like - Exactly like Ogre Battle.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
You have a defined party, but you can switch it as you like - Exactly like Ogre Battle.

Although the leveling system sounds a little different, but maybe similar (if that makes sense).  I would really need to play it to compare, but multiple defined parties with interchangable members = AWESOME.  I also love slow RPG (J or S) that require lots of effort to get the most reward.  Now all I need is a reason to convince my wife to get a 360.

^^If you end up with an arcade, I have 20GB hard drive I can sell you

I would get this but I'm getting Chrono Trigger...but might in a month or so...

Former something....

Around the Network

ive come to see that this game is a huge hit or miss.

If your a fan of the genre and the type of games you should enjoy it.

its not like a traditional rpg... alot and i mean alot like ogre battle.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

yea i think this game is a bit too hardcore for casuals..

and the fights can go on for aaaages plus the boss battles are really tough.. even some normal enemy battles can be frustratingly hard

I'm really enjoying it plus i love level grinding for some reason..

yea this will take me forever to beat. I fricken love it.

love/hate game

dont listen to reviewers for hells sakes if you like what i said give it a danm try.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Nobody has really responded yet, so i'll ask what's already been asked twice.  Does installing the game fix any of the problems?  I don't care if "you shouldn't have to do that".  If it fixes it, it fixes it.  How many hours does it take to complete the game?  It's not worth installing it for 5 minutes?

To the person who's buying chrono trigger.... bleh.  SE has me incredibly pissed off for two reasons.  1) No FF7 remake (or CT sequal) because their game developers are 10x touchier/moodier than middle-school girls. 2) With all the old FF remakes on DS, they have to be getting good at pumping those out pretty quick and with minimal effort.  But they couldn't be bothered to remake chrono trigger.  Nope.  All we get is a craptastic port with touch functionality.  We don't even get the cutscenes from the playstation version.

@ Cidien

I just got my copy of TLR from Amazon yesterday. Only payed $40 and I got the free DLC. I installed disc one and started playing it. Granted I only got about 2 hours in last night but the game ran fine for me. Their is texture pop-in present but the textures load much faster with install. The games technical issues seem less prevalent than Mass Effect so far. Until I play all the way through it, I can say if that remains the case but even in my brief time with it, its seems to be far better than 6 to 6.5 game.

I had just started playing Infinite Undiscovery a few days ago. I'm about seven hours into and it does seem like an average game. Its not bad but so far I'd give it a 7. Too early for me to slap number on TLR but it seems to be more in line with the Game Trailers review than the other reviews. The game certainly seems to be filling the Ogre Battle itch of mine that Square Enix refuses to scratch.