By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Strikers online?

Has anyone had any luck with playing this online through the Nintendo USB connector?

I don't have wireless networking at home (not until I can afford to get a good external modem and router, as well as some wireless cards!) so I've had to get the Wi-Fi connector. It has no trouble at all downloading VC content and when I had my DS that played online perfectly.

I've only ever been able to connect to WFC on Mario Strikers a small number of times and every game I've had has been completely unplayable :( One of those games even showed a 4 star connection but was completely unplayable, it'll freeze for like a second, move for half a second and freeze again, and repeat...

I know I don't have any connection troubles so I'm wondering if I've had the bad luck of getting connected with players with bad connections but I can't say being on the USB connector...

Anyone able to throw input on that?

Around the Network
MrMarc said:
Has anyone had any luck with playing this online through the Nintendo USB connector?

I don't have wireless networking at home (not until I can afford to get a good external modem and router, as well as some wireless cards!) so I've had to get the Wi-Fi connector. It has no trouble at all downloading VC content and when I had my DS that played online perfectly.

I've only ever been able to connect to WFC on Mario Strikers a small number of times and every game I've had has been completely unplayable :( One of those games even showed a 4 star connection but was completely unplayable, it'll freeze for like a second, move for half a second and freeze again, and repeat...

I know I don't have any connection troubles so I'm wondering if I've had the bad luck of getting connected with players with bad connections but I can't say being on the USB connector...

It's been very rough.  I can assure you it has nothing to do with your USB connector, as that would actually be prefered over a wireless connection in the case we're talking about.  I think their servers are just overloaded cause it just came out.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

have to admit that the online play is pretty smooth but i notice a real quality difference between xboxlive and nintendowfc. the nintendo thing is free and i suffer from more lag and graphic freezes then xbl. aswell i think its quite annoying that i as a 1 hour player with 0 experience had a guy as opponent who won 50 matches loses only 1. i think that could use some tweaks. i ruined quite my fun seeing the ball crashing everywhere and get myass whooped with 15-1.

overall its quite nice, but its noticeble its a free online happening

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.

@moe

If it's anything like Europe, things will get better as soon as more people owns the game and plays it online (and as you improve a bit too).

If there's no one playing "right now" you'd either have to wait "hours" to get someone of your rank available to play, or play anyone who is available regardless of rank. Both are bad things.

Unfortunatelly, if it's anything like Europe, you'll also have smartasses that create new accounts just to pown noobs, but hopefully that gets old real quick.

But I should know how frustrating it can be, since I lost my first 10 matches online, some by 10-0. I almost gave up online play then. But a month later, now with a bit more training, and playing at more reasonable hours, I can get pretty balanced matches.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

As people have pointed out, the servers really start to lag during peak hours in the afternoon and evening. However, if you play during other times, its a blast. The game requires heavily on skill, unlike the first strikers.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Around the Network

I've thoroughly enjoyed the few hours my wife and I have put into it so far.

Unfortunately, it seems I've finally hit the limits of my broadband satellite connection - LATENCY has reared its ugly head, leading to major slowdown as packets bounce into space and back for every bit of traffic back and forth. I felt bad for the poor guy who agreed to a match with my one-star connection.

I've never done multiplayer gaming over the bird before; I'm now working on the switch to a cable connection (no DSL in my neighborhood.) But once I'm online properly, I'll be back in the game!

MrMarc said:

I have the Wi-fi connector as well but I never use it for my Wii.  Instead I purchased the Lan Adapter for the Wii (which is awesome BTW.  If you want the best ping rates and highest download speeds through your Wii, you need to get the lan adapter.  It's fairly cheap from Nintendo.com as well.  I use the Wifi adapter for playing DS games online since my wireless router didn't work very well with my DS.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

KruzeS said:
@moe

If it's anything like Europe, things will get better as soon as more people owns the game and plays it online (and as you improve a bit too).

If there's no one playing "right now" you'd either have to wait "hours" to get someone of your rank available to play, or play anyone who is available regardless of rank. Both are bad things.

Unfortunatelly, if it's anything like Europe, you'll also have smartasses that create new accounts just to pown noobs, but hopefully that gets old real quick.

But I should know how frustrating it can be, since I lost my first 10 matches online, some by 10-0. I almost gave up online play then. But a month later, now with a bit more training, and playing at more reasonable hours, I can get pretty balanced matches.

Some doofus did this exact thing to me...  he racked up a 90-0 score against me.  I was close to giving up as well especially after that...  once you lose a few games and get some points though it seems you get matched a lot less with these trolls.

However, now I'm a bit better at the game... I usually lose 3-0 or 4-1 LOL

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

twesterm said:
I really don't like soccer

Can someone ban him, please?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

the ONLY thing close to soccer in strikers is the fact that you score goals by putting the ball insde the nets. Just that. The rest is Nintendo-esque mayhem!!!

The online is awsome but beware, if you're not at least a bit good you'll be pwned to death.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers