By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gaming magazines

Nintendo Power is pretty much all that I read now. The other game magazines have turned kinda crappy.

please click  dragons and eggs

Around the Network

I grew up subscribing to Nintendo Power but when the lack of games being made for Nintendo systems started around the latter half of the N64 era, I let my subscription end. I never resubscribed because still to this day, they don't get as many good 3rd party games. So because of that, I felt the magazine suffered. I lost interest because too many games that I didn't care for were forced to receive more coverage to make up for the lack of other games. You have to fill a magazine somehow, I suppose.

I also have always subscribed to EGM for a very long time. I've been on and off subscribing for the last 15 years. I think I have subscribed continually for the last five years at least. I like their coverage of games and the humor in it. I also like and subscribe to Game Informer because they have good coverage and information on upcoming games as well as the occassional great articles on the industry.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

shio said:
EDGE is easily the most respectable magazine, they give fair scores and none of that over inflated BS that plagues the other mags.

I have no respect for a magazine that gives Halo 3 a 10, MGS4 an 8, VC a 7 and R2 a 6.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

you all suck cock

EDGE is definitely one of the better magazines out there. It's not written for 13 year-old boys, and they give well-thought out reviews with fair scores, not "OMG 10! 10!" to every big title.

I read that and Official Nintendo Magazine (UK), which is good as well because you can tell its not just aimed at teenagers, and the style is great, if the reviews tend to be a little generous.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network

Edge is horrible. It's like they actually want to provoke people. They're trying so hard to be different, just for the sake of being different.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'd have to agree with that BS about halo being a 10 xD But then again, that was many magazines sadly -_-; Just like the 10 given to GTAIV.... sigh.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Gaming magazines are slowly dying. Who still reads these when you can find all the info you want on the internet?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

for me it was OPM, EGM, and Game informer. but today, OPM is dead, EGM is no longer the best gaming mag in the west due to their pathetic scoring system. and Game informer is the best one.

I like EGM though there is talk they may go online only and OXM which is really not a great mag it was cheap.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks