By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii just 620,000 units behind Xbox360, 3 weeks to go!

taternuts444 said:
a console with just a few good games killing the 360, and their big guns are yet to come, it's safe to say that Nintendo has taken back it's top spot.

When was it ever at the top? hehehehe just jokin, I see nintendo might win this gen again I say might, there's always the ps3..

mM
Around the Network
Desroko said:
There should be slight bumps in the regular Wii sales rate due to Strikers and Metroid, but 4 weeks seems right to me too. Ignore the sig prediction, I think I'm going to be off by a couple days.

Strikers was oddly sold out when i went to gamestop today.  Odd because they got their shipment today and i got there at 1.  Good thing I paid for a copy yesterday because i was in the area or i'd of been out of luck. 

I don't think so ...... Madden 08 comes in 3 weeks. That will moves more units.

It sold 625,000 in its first week. It should move much more than people are antipating.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
I don't think so ...... Madden 08 comes in 3 weeks. That will moves more units.

Except the Wii will already be ahead by August 14. The price drop is far more significant than Madden, and even that won't make the 360 outsell the Wii worldwide. The Wii will be on top once the data from the week ending August 18-19 comes in.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

madden a system seller? Come on, it's on every system imaginable and there is already 2 previous versions on 360.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
madden a system seller? Come on, it's on every system imaginable and there is already 2 previous versions on 360.

They need to have something at least. 

@thread 

I must say that I am surpissed by the crawl Microsoft has done so far since the realese of the Wii. I did strongly belive that Wii wouldn't pass Xbox360 before the end of this year. and now it looks like Wii will pass it way earlier. If Mircosoft doesn't push more units soon they will be behind Wii with at least a couple of million when this year end (WW).

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

There is very little that microsoft can do at the moment...even a substancial price cut will only delay the inevitable..

Just wanted to make sure you guys realize that the numbers for the week ending July 28th/29th have not been added to the site yet (since that info isn't in). Although those numbers should be coming in soon. The Wii will probably be behind by about 470k after this weeks WW numbers are in. I know a lot of you know this but I think some of the newer folks might not be completely aware of the lag yet. You can check the weekly pages to see which weeks are in and which weeks aren't.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I didn't want to start whole thread for this.  But this is from Gonintendo.com.  I made a half joke over there that it is a system seller.  But it is kinda true.  This might both encourage casuals to buy a Wii and sell a ton of copies itself (not madden terretory, but a lot).  Is this the type of games you think casuals can really relate to? 

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:

I didn't want to start whole thread for this. But this is from Gonintendo.com. I made a half joke over there that it is a system seller. But it is kinda true. This might both encourage casuals to buy a Wii and sell a ton of copies itself (not madden terretory, but a lot). Is this the type of games you think casuals can really relate to?

I haven't seen much information regarding this game, but that doesn't mean it won't do well.  Do you have any background information that you can site as to why you think it will do well or are you just saying you believe people can relate to it so you think it could do well?  

To Each Man, Responsibility