By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTA4: DLC - The Lost and the Damned

Onyxmeth said:
kitler53 said:
Derixs said:

...The Lost and Damned features a new main character and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music – all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.

well now that we know what the dlc is anyone else think MS payed way too much for this?  i mean..whoopty-fucking-doo.

Well there is a second expansion coming in the future also, and we don't know what that'll bring yet. Still though, even if both are simply side stories, or they are islands, or they are Vice City and San Andreas, or they are horse armor, it doesn't matter. The only way MS would have paid too much is if this doesn't pan out in sales.

P.S.: I'm not positive but wasn't the $50 million a loan?

Ahhh....but there were some extreme expectations.  Now I get to talk smack (like the cerial) about those who thought the two episodes would include completely different areas such as Vice City and SA, and would practically count as totally different games.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Onyxmeth said:
kitler53 said:
Derixs said:

...The Lost and Damned features a new main character and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music – all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.

well now that we know what the dlc is anyone else think MS payed way too much for this?  i mean..whoopty-fucking-doo.

Well there is a second expansion coming in the future also, and we don't know what that'll bring yet. Still though, even if both are simply side stories, or they are islands, or they are Vice City and San Andreas, or they are horse armor, it doesn't matter. The only way MS would have paid too much is if this doesn't pan out in sales.

Ahhh....but there were some extreme expectations.  Now I get to talk smack (like the cerial) about those who thought the two episodes would include completely different areas such as Vice City and SA, and would practically count as totally different games.

Oh you go right ahead. I was talking the economic side with kitler. I'm sure there is some crow to be eaten on these forums. Just be tasteful about it, or mod approve it first. You don't want to venture into a ban for flaming either.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

ive traded my ps3 copy in i didnt even finish it, for fans of gta on 360 it might be a good idea to dl this addon

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@Onyxmeth
My apologies I didn't word that well. I now have the ability to talk smack about those that did that. But I don't have the energy to look up their names and I don't really care to make a big stink about it. I just wanted to bring up some of the more extreme expectations that were out there that have now most likely been dashed. I have no plan of taking advantage of said situation.

Onyxmeth said:
Torillian said:
Onyxmeth said:
kitler53 said:
Derixs said:

Oh you go right ahead. I was talking the economic side with kitler. I'm sure there is some crow to be eaten on these forums. Just be tasteful about it, or mod approve it first. You don't want to venture into a ban for flaming either.

i don't have a link or anything but i believe the deal is this...

MS paid 50 million dollars to gain exclusivity of these releases.  MS gets to keep the first 50 million dollars in revenue from the sales of this dlc.  if the sales are less than 50 million dollars MS eats the losses.  if the sales are greater than 50 million dollars the profits above and beyond 50 million dollars is split between them.

...and yes, crow will be eaten.

Around the Network

February, wow that only took 10 months. Too bad all interest in GTA4 is gone. Does anybody still play it?

coolestguyever said:
February, wow that only took 10 months. Too bad all interest in GTA4 is gone. Does anybody still play it?

No one does. It became immediately unplayable the moment this was officially announced yesterday. All interest in the game subsided at that exact moment in the space time continuum. You will see the game drop completely off the charts with no notice.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
coolestguyever said:

No one does. It became immediately unplayable the moment this was officially announced yesterday. All interest in the game subsided at that exact moment in the space time continuum. You will see the game drop completely off the charts with no notice.

So that's why motorstorm 2 floped. Damn you space time continuum.

coolestguyever said:

Someone should tell that to the Japanese and the poor saps who keep making the game chart every week!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Woo just in time for me to not care. It will be a solid "title" for 360 fans while PS3 fans play Killzone 2.