By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who wants to be a moderator?

reverie - Ok. Seeing that. I agree 100%. rendo - I guess I'm not a mod yet am I? Another thing a mod should be able to deal with. People hating your guts. Because as a mod. If you think everyone will love you. Your wrong. There are always the... (insert 2 word slang for mean people.) As a mod. It's your job to a. Make them happy. b. solve their problem. c. Get rid of them. All the while keeping a straight face, and being as nice as possible to them, even though they will probibally be sending you personal insults. EDIT: ben - unless it is a 2 week trial, it wont help. People can play nice for a few days, without showing their true selves.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

That's a given. You will always end up pissing someone off, usually someone who acts VERY childishly. Though it's not your job to make them happy, it's your job to make the ENTIRE forum happy.

Seriously it would be cool to be a moderator but I wont become one because Im a Sony fan. Thats why everyone in this site hates me. I wish I had friends on this site. Im gunna become the Moderator of War!!!!!!

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said: Seriously it would be cool to be a moderator but I wont become one because Im a Sony fan. Thats why everyone in this site hates me. I wish I had friends on this site. Im gunna become the Moderator of War!!!!!!
"WIIIII GAAAAAAMEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sorry, I had to. :P

Wii-Gamer, As a general concern, I think you need to share your contacts in the industry with whoever becomes a moderator. This would work especially well if you had an Xbox favoring guy (say...Monty?) and a PS3 favoring guy (Kwaad?). Although these people do not have contacts like Bunkum or Broshnat...counteracting opinions based on the same information would greatly improve the site's credibility. If each segment can see that they have a representative with access to the information that you do, there is no room for argument in reliability. In terms of legal ramifications, NPD is copyrighted, so Bunkum is essential as an ally. Japan is fine. A further clarification that 'other', includes non-Japan Asia, Africa, Australia, and precisely what the Americas includes (US, Canada - what else? Mexico? Central America? South America?) I tend to agree with Erik as well, the names of the moderators should not be biased. You can maintain your opinions for the news articles, with each mod dedicated to handling specialty news. Also, if data ever appears to be off on the front page, an explination from each perspective (Nintendo favoring, Sony favoring, Microsoft favoring mods) would make the data appear far more credible. It could go so far as presenting a range based on publisher/contact information.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

WAIT OMG!!!!! What if Wii_Gamer just made this topic to test us to see if we spam a lot or not?!?!?!?! IM NOT GUNNA LOSE THIS TEST! NICE TRY WII_GAMER!!!!

rendo said: That's a given. You will always end up pissing someone off, usually someone who acts VERY childishly. Though it's not your job to make them happy, it's your job to make the ENTIRE forum happy.
Yup. But if you piss everyone off one at a time. Your not helping. It *IS* your job to make people happy. Everyone happy. Rendo - If I was recruiting the people for the mod jobs. I wouldnt pick you as you seem to think of a mod as a fun thing to do, and make sure things go the way their sposed to, and you dont seem to understand the importance of happy people. let me make a list of jobs that rely on makeing people happy. 1. Game programmer. Make a bad game. People arent happy. You get fired. 2. Graphic designer. Make ugly art. People arent happy. You get fired. 3. Cook at fast food. Make nasty food... People leave without paying. You get fired. 4. Being a lazy waiter. People dont like you, they complain, You dont get tips. You eventually get fired. 5. Working as a cashier at a store. If your slow, and you make the customers angry. by going FAST and not personal to get the line done faster people get upset because your a robot. People will complain either way. You get fired. 6. working in an assembly line in a car plant. You dont work fast enough/quality/relations. Your boss gets angry. And your fired. 7. Accoutant. You make your boss happy, and everyone around you mad. You get fired. You make everyone around you happy, and the boss mad. Your fired. 8. CEO of Sony. You direct the company in a way that the company looses money. Your fired. Moral of the story. Keep everyone happy. roadkillers - if I was a mod I would delete your post. That is just trolling. :P

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

If I was Wii-Gamer I would certainly not let the mods have any say on my numbers. This is about the forum and not the core website. The numbers are as is, based on vgcharts' research. Take it or leave it.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

See, now you're warping what I said into something that helps your cause. I never once, EVER, said that being a moderator is something you don't take seriously. I specifically said you need to be impartial and you should share your opinions to be REAL. You can think being cold is the way to be as a moderator, but you sure as hell don't get to misconstrue what I've said in order to downplay me, so you can up-play yourself.

Kwaad said: roadkillers - if I was a mod I would delete your post. That is just trolling. :P
Well then you would delete half of this topic. Half of this topic is trolling plus its giving you some heads up when you become a mod because hes obviously gunna pick you. If he picked me (which he wont) I would turn it down.