By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who wants to be a moderator?

rendo said: Do you even know what the word humble means? Yes, the first part about you saying you don't care is being humble. The second part about you STATING "I make a good Mod" "I would be a good choice" That IS NOT humble. That's arrogant, even if it's true. Humble. Hah.
No. I am stateing facts. I'm sure there are people better than me. I dont know if I am the best that applied or not.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

MikeB said: I have been a moderator for more than 5 years at various popular portals, including OSNews.com. Moderating zealous fanboys can be a huge task and usually will make you more enemies than friends, I think for those interested should realize and ask themselves the following: Are you able to moderate people and blackout your own bias and is your skin thick enough?
I just want to say, This is exactly what I am talking about.

Wii_gamer said: Hi everyone Just to let you all know what's happening - we've had 9 applications so far to be a mod and we are going to select 3-4 from those over the weekend. We will accounce the new moderation team formally on Monday once discussions are complete and everyone is happy with their new roles. When the new mods are announced please be supportive and help them and us to make this forum into the hub of fun and intelligent discussion that we all want...
Sounds good Wii_gamer, I hope you guys choose well. VGcharts has been a fantastic source of information but I have avoided the forums for the most part because of the negativity and the fanboyism of some of the most vocal members on this site. We could all use more intelligent discussion and less blind devotion. I hope this will be a change for the better. Good luck!

There have been a lot of good nominations made. I too think Stof would make a great mod. Staticneuron would be a good choice as well. Also why no Washimul nominations?

Kwaad said: No. I am stateing facts. I'm sure there are people better than me. I dont know if I am the best that applied or not.
Once again, that's arrogance. That isn't being humble. Maybe it's time you

Around the Network

Wii_gamer said: zukaus said:Sounds good Wii_gamer, I hope you guys choose well. VGcharts has been a fantastic source of information but I have avoided the forums for the most part because of the negativity and the fanboyism of some of the most vocal members on this site. We could all use more intelligent discussion and less blind devotion. I hope this will be a change for the better. Good luck! Well this is it, we want everyone to feel welcome on the forum and we want to promote discussions of all types. If there are particular forum members who are driving others away from the site then we will need to take action, because that's just not fair on everyone else. Keep any specific suggestions / comments coming in - we are listening to everything you suggest!
Hey Wii, I would like to apply but I cant because I dont have e-mail.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

No offense, but you might want to get one if you want to be a moderator. Now admittedly I've never been a mod before, but an email address seems like it would be pretty much essential to the job.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

http://gmail.com Best free e-mail there is.

Okay I sent you an e-mail on my old account. Tell me if you got it.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Depends, did you get mine?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.