By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We dont referance vgchartz?

DKII said:
Sometimes I wonder if these people would be happier if they paid thousands of dollars for our data.

Very true.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
DKII said:
Sometimes I wonder if these people would be happier if they paid thousands of dollars for our data.

Very true.

haha...Yes, they would be. Only then would it be "legitimate".

People want to have a source that is all. People paying thousands of dollars will not help to give this site credit you would get a lot of 'Who are those stupid persons wasting their money' reactions.

I do think removing the Z would increase credibility hugely

Anyway, the SW data is more dodgy, and the MGS stuff was just 1st day, so in most cases VGC is right. Who says NPD is perfect anyway, I am sure they get things wrong. Tracking is not a perfect science unless you have 100% of the data

mike_intellivision said:
Another note

I generally like Chris Kohler's work. But occasionally he goes off the deep end -- like his trashing of Mario Kart Wii over the Battle Mode changes (which might not be that great but are not why anyone else but him plays the game).

IMHO, this is one of those times.

Mike from Morgantown

I felt the blow to battle mode was monumental, its one of the reasons i prefer to play it on the SNES, if only that version had 4 player it would be perfect.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

Anyway, the SW data is more dodgy, and the MGS stuff was just 1st day, so in most cases VGC is right. Who says NPD is perfect anyway, I am sure they get things wrong. Tracking is not a perfect science unless you have 100% of the data

true, the NPD has been known to scew results to discredit others. that, and they correct when manufacturers shipment numbers are out

goddog said:
Munkeh111 said:

true, the NPD has been known to scew results to discredit others. that, and they correct when manufacturers shipment numbers are out

I can't remember whether they change past data without telling anyone, or that they add extra units to future months to make up for an undertracking, but either way, they do not keep the public well informed

DKII said:

Give people the option of paying thousands of dollars then! Not that the numbers should be any different, but just for the argument's sake ;P

Munkeh111 said:
goddog said:
Munkeh111 said:

I can't remember whether they change past data without telling anyone, or that they add extra units to future months to make up for an undertracking, but either way, they do not keep the public well informed

they lost a case (well settled out of court) quite awhile back where they misrepresented sales data, and caused the stock of a company to collapse. they company in question, had sent multiple letters asking them to correct the sales, (they had been tracking them independently), and the NPD would not change its numbers, despite internal documentation that they were undertracking,  the effected company got hold of the internal documentation when litigating..... the company in question being hurt by the NPD group Apple computer

Rainbird said:
DKII said:

Give people the option of paying thousands of dollars then! Not that the numbers should be any different, but just for the argument's sake ;P

yea, if we do it that way, maybe all the loyal VGchart boys&girls can get real money for the vgchartz dollars we have. make the non believers pay!!!