By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - IGN 9.0 for Left4Dead unfair, would be 6.5

D=

Was I the only one who didn't get bored with the demo? Dx

Around the Network
SeriousWB said:
D=

Was I the only one who didn't get bored with the demo? Dx

No, same for me.... except when you play with jerks ruining the experience ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Out of the 12+ hours I racked up, I only had one game with an idiot. Maybe I was lucky?

He'd shoot you, on expert difficulty, when he wanted your attention -_-

SeriousWB said:
Out of the 12+ hours I racked up, I only had one game with an idiot. Maybe I was lucky?

He'd shoot you, on expert difficulty, when he wanted your attention -_-

Good for you .

No, the kind of jerks I was refering to are the kind that leaves the team to go faster... get caught several times and ask with a wimp voice :" Hiiin... why is my team not followiiingu ??".

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Great game, I don't know what you are talking about.

Around the Network

I was going to pick it up till I saw the campaign was about 2 hours long. I know it has a lot of value for multiplayer, but still...games get completely crucified for being only 6 hours long, and this is a third of that. It does seem a bit confusing to me, but whatever. Let those who enjoy it, enjoy it.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
I was going to pick it up till I saw the campaign was about 2 hours long. I know it has a lot of value for multiplayer, but still...games get completely crucified for being only 6 hours long, and this is a third of that. It does seem a bit confusing to me, but whatever. Let those who enjoy it, enjoy it.

One campaign took my friends and I two hours.  We finally played the last campaign last night...all in all completing the 4 campaigns took about 7 hours.

And I've already got like 10 hours in Versus mode.  The game is by no means 2 hours long...and don't forget each campaign is very replayable...it really is different every time you play.

Also, here is Gabe hitting the launch button:

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Personally I didn't like the demo, to the point were I will not pay 60 dollars for it,
and Left4Dead was one of the games I was 100% on, it and gears of war 2 were the only 2 games this season I had planned on paying full price for,
If the demo hadn't been released I would have bought Left4dead today, but the demo definitely stopped me
Frankly I just found it a variation on the recent sonic formula of hold right to win, just substitute the should trigger for the D-pad.
I was board playing it alone on the demo before reaching the first safehouse, then I played the co-op, board just as quickly. Unless their are more enemy varieties later on just facing the horde and the 5 specials just isn't enough for me, even if the the actual game is several times better than the demo I still wouldn't pay full price.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, that's one thing I don't get...people saying you're just holding down the trigger.

Maybe in the demo that worked, or maybe that works on easy or normal, but the demo was only 1.5 levels...if you end that with low health, you still have half a level to get through before you can pick up health, and then 3 more levels, progressively harder until the finale of the one campaign, which is freaking insane.

Holding down the trigger doesn't work at all, trust me. You don't have enough bullets to do that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
See, that's one thing I don't get...people saying you're just holding down the trigger.

Maybe in the demo that worked, or maybe that works on easy or normal, but the demo was only 1.5 levels...if you end that with low health, you still have half a level to get through before you can pick up health, and then 3 more levels, progressively harder until the finale of the one campaign, which is freaking insane.

Holding down the trigger doesn't work at all, trust me. You don't have enough bullets to do that.

Forget the bullets, you'll get ripped apart instantly if you just hold down the trigger on expert. Once at the start of the hospital stage, zombies, and not many of them, rushed all 4 of us. I could have sworn I wasn't hit even once, yet I got out of that with 40 health.

The game takes far more than just being able to shoot for the head, yet the speed of the game is never slow. That's why I love this game so much. Not to mention 3 other buddies playing with me and guarding my back, sometimes.....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835