By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PETA targets 'blood thirsty' Cooking Mama titles

If I had donated money to them I would be upset right now and vow never to give them money again for such useless shit.

Glad I never donated to those guys.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
If I had donated money to them I would be upset right now and vow never to give them money again for such useless shit.

Glad I never donated to those guys.

They have such honorable intentions.  But they get pretentious and over the top very, very, very often.

Like the pamplets geared towards children saying their mother and father are monsters because they fish and eat meat.  Google it. 

But they do many things that are good too.  Like undercover reporting on slaughterhouses.  if you see that shit it makes you think twice.... I still can't eat KFC. Never will again.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
DTG said:
I think all you whiners here need to ask yourself; Why is it legal for humans to eat animal meat but essentially illegal for an animal to kill a human as a source of food? The animal in such a case would be shot or killed in other ways, while in the mind of society it is a basic service to be able to kill, buy and then eat animals as a source of protein. Talk about hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? You think if you began chewing on a bear cub right infront of the mother's eyes that she'd hesitate to tear you apart?
Humans kill animals for either food or self defense, the same reasons animals kill humans. It's nature.

Except if one species has taken itself out of natural cycles as we have and is clearly the predominant force on Earth, it could be argued that that species should practice good stewardship.  We can choose between 1) magnanimity and 2) the illusion that killing is just as ok today simply because it is ok if survival depends on it.  Can a bear so choose?

Abraham Lincoln said that some day countries would be judged by how well they treat their animals.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
DTG said:
I think all you whiners here need to ask yourself; Why is it legal for humans to eat animal meat but essentially illegal for an animal to kill a human as a source of food? The animal in such a case would be shot or killed in other ways, while in the mind of society it is a basic service to be able to kill, buy and then eat animals as a source of protein. Talk about hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? You think if you began chewing on a bear cub right infront of the mother's eyes that she'd hesitate to tear you apart?
Humans kill animals for either food or self defense, the same reasons animals kill humans. It's nature.

Except if one species has taken itself out of natural cycles as we have and is clearly the predominant force on Earth, it could be argued that that species should practice good stewardship.  We can choose between 1) magnanimity and 2) the illusion that killing is just as ok today simply because it is ok if it is necessary to survival.  Can a bear so choose?

Abraham Lincoln said that some day countries would be judged by how well they treat their animals.

Great post.

I salute you sir.

Yeah I agree. Cooking Mama needs Slaughterhouse sequences! with lots of blood!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself