By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PETA targets 'blood thirsty' Cooking Mama titles

I think all you whiners here need to ask yourself; Why is it legal for humans to eat animal meat but essentially illegal for an animal to kill a human as a source of food? The animal in such a case would be shot or killed in other ways, while in the mind of society it is a basic service to be able to kill, buy and then eat animals as a source of protein. Talk about hypocrisy.

Around the Network

I told you all that cooking mama was hardcore.

DTG said:
I think all you whiners here need to ask yourself; Why is it legal for humans to eat animal meat but essentially illegal for an animal to kill a human as a source of food? The animal in such a case would be shot or killed in other ways, while in the mind of society it is a basic service to be able to kill, buy and then eat animals as a source of protein. Talk about hypocrisy.

What are you suggesting? We let animals eat us just to be fair? We eat them because we're omnivores, higher on the food chain and intelligent enough to industrialize the process. If they eat us we kill them for protection.

Phendrana said:
DTG said:

What are you suggesting? We let animals eat us just to be fair? We eat them because we're omnivores, higher on the food chain and intelligent enough to industrialize the process. If they eat us we kill them for protection.

I'm suggesting that the inequality animals suffer from in human society is what is causing orginizations like PETA take extreme measures. If a human kills or tortures an animal he will get a couple of years at best, though more often than not simply a warning or a few months in jail. If an animal INJURES (not even kills) a human it will more often than not be put to sleep without any sort of investigative trial. You say we have industrialized the process, but that is not justification seeing how the Nazi's had also industrialized the process of mass murder. -It did not make it legal nor did it make it right. If these inequalities between humans and animals persist I'm going to have to side by PETA as they're simply fighting for what people take for granted in western society; equality.

DTG said:
Phendrana said:
DTG said:

I'm suggesting that the inequality animals suffer from in human society is what is causing orginizations like PETA take extreme measures. If a human kills or tortures an animal he will get a couple of years at best, though more often than not simply a warning or a few months in jail. If an animal INJURES (not even kills) a human it will more often than not be put to sleep without any sort of investigative trial. You say we have industrialized the process, but that is not justification seeing how the Nazi's had also industrialized the process of mass murder. -It did not make it legal nor did it make it right. If these inequalities between humans and animals persist I'm going to have to side by PETA as they're simply fighting for what people take for granted in western society; equality.

I was going to write something back, but once you've equated the meat market to the Holocaust there's really no point in bothering.

Around the Network

DTG, what about plants? Who is going to protect and defend them against those horrible vegetarians and herbivores.

FACT: The vast majority of plants do not voluntarily harm animals except in self defense.

But you can eat as many Venus flytraps as you want, these are amoral, bloodthirsty fly killing machines.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Phendrana said:
DTG said:
Phendrana said:
DTG said:

I was going to write something back, but once you've equated the meat market to the Holocaust there's really no point in bothering.

They're both industrialized murder. Other aspects of it are insignifficant when we are talking about taking the live of another being.

DTG said:
Phendrana said:
DTG said:
Phendrana said:
DTG said:

They're both industrialized murder. Other aspects of it are insignifficant when we are talking about taking the live of another being.

Just by being on the internet you're creating a carbon footprint that is responsible for the deaths of countless animals and creatures, and some would argue the poverty and abuse of other humans. If you have a cell phone, there's more you should know.

A dead animal is a dead animal whether it's death is caused by the carbon footprint of the internet or if the animal was killed so you can eat it's flesh at McDonalds. By posting on this site you are contributing to the required function of those routers, switches, network buildings, laptops, etc. Whether you think your carbon footprint is negligible or not, so does everyone else and all those negligible contributions add up to a significant contributuon, of which you are a part of. While I agree that the internet is likely among the least of our worries (compared to the burning of natural gas for heat, octane based fuels to power vehicles, etc.) you cannot make that argument and at the same time still use the internet. It is equivalent to saying that I drive only one SUV out of 100 million SUV's so it doesn't make a difference.

Humans are superior to animals. And to remind them that we're superior, we munch on them. It puts them in their place.

SW-5120-1900-6153

DTG said:
Phendrana said:
DTG said:
Phendrana said:
DTG said:

So what do you eat to avoid taking the lives of other beings? Can't be tofu as you wouldn't want to take the life of countless soja plants and their unborn children necessary to manufacture it. Can't even be yeast as you would have to kill even more of those monocellular beings. Don't you know how many millions of yeast cells have to die to make a synthetic yeast steak?

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"