By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PETA targets 'blood thirsty' Cooking Mama titles

Comparing plants and animals is stupid. Animals have complex emotions and intelligence similarly though not to the level of humans while plants have neither of those. People who think they are superior to animals need to get off their high horse. If you judge yourself as superior simply as a result of your higher intelligence then you probably agree with the notion of roasting and eating retards because they aren't even up to the intellectual level of a chimpanzee.

Around the Network

No, because that's called cannibalism.

You're digging yourself into a stupider and stupider hole, buddy. :)

SW-5120-1900-6153

DTG said:
Comparing plants and animals is stupid. Animals have complex emotions and intelligence similarly though not to the level of humans while plants have neither of those. People who think they are superior to animals need to get off their high horse. If you judge yourself as superior simply as a result of your higher intelligence then you probably agree with the notion of roasting and eating retards because they aren't even up to the intellectual level of a chimpanzee.

I was only doing it to highlight the contradiction of saying it is not ok to kill animals for food but it is ok to kill plants for food.

There you are making the passing the exact same moral judgement that humans saying it is ok to eat animals because they are not at the same mental level as humans except that they cut the line higher up than you (you cut it closer to 0).

I personally cut the line at sapiency at the species level (i.e. once a species reaches sapiency they shouldn't be eaten even if some individual members might not be fully sapient) and yes, I am doing the same judgement as you and everybody else, but I am at least conscious of it.

One last thing, while I do not seriously advocate a meat only diet to protect plants (which would be stupid anyway as many plants are killed to make meat) it does make sense if one does not judge on a sapiency level but on an innocence level as plants are a lot less culpable of murder (your words) to feed themselves than animals (humans included). Most plants create life from raw non-living materials (solar energy, minerals in the soil...) whereas animals are largely parasites living off of plants either directly or indirectly (carnivores).

Unless maybe you know of a photosynthesing animal I am unaware of?

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

DTG said:
I think all you whiners here need to ask yourself; Why is it legal for humans to eat animal meat but essentially illegal for an animal to kill a human as a source of food?

For the simple reason that the laws are made by man. It's so simple, how can you be so blind. Whoever makes the laws makes them to protect himself.

Men makes animals suffer for his own confort. And that happens because he can. Your confort as well. You cannot claim to love and protect animals as much as you do unless you go live with the animals in a deep forest. The city you live and work in was made on a animals territory you know ?

You are just like those people that stays in the confort of their home watching on their 50"" plasmas how children die on the other end of the world because they lack $5 vaccins. But it's so cool to pretend that you give a damn.

This thread got really serious...

But I believe PETA needs to relax. It's a video game depicting the preparation of meals eaten around the world by millions of people.

Around the Network
DTG said:
I think all you whiners here need to ask yourself; Why is it legal for humans to eat animal meat but essentially illegal for an animal to kill a human as a source of food? The animal in such a case would be shot or killed in other ways, while in the mind of society it is a basic service to be able to kill, buy and then eat animals as a source of protein. Talk about hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? You think if you began chewing on a bear cub right infront of the mother's eyes that she'd hesitate to tear you apart?
Humans kill animals for either food or self defense, the same reasons animals kill humans. It's nature.

I'm actually a member of PETA myself... People who Eat Tasty Animals that is!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

thetonestarr said:
No, because that's called cannibalism.

You're digging yourself into a stupider and stupider hole, buddy. :)

Cannibalism is a man made myth. It's another form of social control to promote social "order". In truth many animals engage in cannibalism, and it is no different eating one of your own species than it is eating a member of another specie.

FaithRaven said:
DTG said:
I think all you whiners here need to ask yourself; Why is it legal for humans to eat animal meat but essentially illegal for an animal to kill a human as a source of food?

For the simple reason that the laws are made by man. It's so simple, how can you be so blind. Whoever makes the laws makes them to protect himself.

Men makes animals suffer for his own confort. And that happens because he can. Your confort as well. You cannot claim to love and protect animals as much as you do unless you go live with the animals in a deep forest. The city you live and work in was made on a animals territory you know ?

You are just like those people that stays in the confort of their home watching on their 50"" plasmas how children die on the other end of the world because they lack $5 vaccins. But it's so cool to pretend that you give a damn.

No.  Invalid argument. 

If I hate criminals. Do I have to track them all down? 

If I hate Illegal immigrants, do I have to protect our border?

If I  believe we should protect our enviroment, should I rope myself to a tree?

No.  There are other ways to support a cause w/o being a diehard activist.  So we don't forsake civilazation, leave our families, and give children vaccines.  That doesn't make us hypocrites or support your theory of apathy.

truthiness said:
Having actually slaughtered chickens and rabbits, I wish it was half as awesome as this game. If anything this game makes me want to kill more animals.

Maybe I'm not PETA's target audience?

lol.  Probably not....