By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. 360 Exclusives for 2009

Uncharted didn't score 90% on Gamerankings, thus Uncharted 2 is no AAA either at this point.

Ratchet & Clark for PS3 didn't score 90%, thus the coming R&C is no AAA.

Around the Network

I got so many games to buy and in the next 2 months that will hold me until christmas next year.
Beat Gears 2 (still got horde mode and insane ply multi)
Working on far cry 2

Want to xmas
COD WAW
Mirrors Edge
Prince of Persia
Fable 2

Still to buy later
Fallout 3
Left 4 dead
James Bond
Brothers in arms HH
DMC 4

Yup thats 2009 for me the first 6 months so I am not so worried

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

sweettoof said:
Looks like the PS3 owns 2009 just like 08

Mmmh.... no.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Forza 3 is A at best

Halo Recon is a 3-5 hour game no way it gets AAA. Also A at best, or even B just because of its short length

Lol @ the totally random A's and B's in this thread.

Around the Network

LoL @ people that believe Mass Effect 2 is coming to ps3. Bioware was bought by EA to rival WOW on Pc,the deal was sealed when Mass Effect 1 was on 360 -> 3 parts,MS owns the universe therefore Mass Effect licence.

You are luchy if ME2 hits the pc,only that way there will be no need for a 360.

Alan Wake will be a great game, A or AA or AAA. It doesn`t matter in the end.

Ninja Blade looks kool,perhapes a good game. Halo Wars is AAA,the studio delivers.

"Uncharted didn't score 90% on Gamerankings, thus Uncharted 2 is no AAA either at this point.

Ratchet & Clark for PS3 didn't score 90%, thus the coming R&C is no AAA."

Most consumers don't pay as much attention to sites like Game Rankings or Metacritic as they do to sites like IGN. IGN is the most popular gaming site on the net they say Uncharted and R & C F are AAA, so they are.

Game Stats is a multi-site, just like Game Rankings and Metacritic, and Game Stats says that both Ratchet and Clank Future and Uncharted score 90's (the same as Halo 3) making them AAA.

http://www.gamestats.com/index/gs/playstation-3.html

Based on that list PS3 would seem to have the edge in the exclusivity wars.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Hyams said:

PS3

Definite 09 releases:

These are titles that have been announced for 2009, and we have no reason to believe that won’t make that date.

Killzone 2 AAA

Infamous A
Uncharted 2 A AAA
White Knight Story (Western release) A
Yakuza 3 (Japan) A

Heavy Rain B AAA
Quantum Theory B A

EyePet C

Demon Soul D C

MAG ??? A

Most likely 09 releases:

These are titles that haven’t officially been announced for 2009, or have, but haven’t been heard from for a while. Regardless, it seems likely that they’ll release in 2009, but could just as well not.

God of War III AAA
Gran Turismo 5 AAA

Next Ratchet and Clank A AAA

WarDevil ???

Please, pretty please Sony, release these games in 09:

Titles that haven’t been given a release date, but we can dream for a 2009 release.

Trico AAA
Final Fantasy XIII (Japan only) AAA
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Japan only) AAA A

360:

Definite 09 releases:

These are titles that have been announced for 2009, and we have no reason to believe that won’t make that date.

Halo 3: Recon AAA A
Alan Wake AAA

Star Ocean 4 A
Halo Wars A ???

Ninja Blade ???

Most likely 09 releases:

These are titles that haven’t officially been announced for 2009, or have, but haven’t been heard from for a while. Regardless, it seems likely that they’ll release in 2009, but could just as well not.

Forza 3 AAA
Mass Effect 2 AAA 

Huxley ???

Please, pretty please Microsoft, release these games in 09:

Titles that haven’t been given a release date, but we can dream for a 2009 release.

Splinter Cell: Conviction A

Ninety-Nine Nights II D

Made a few changes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

triplebph said:
"Uncharted didn't score 90% on Gamerankings, thus Uncharted 2 is no AAA either at this point.

Ratchet & Clark for PS3 didn't score 90%, thus the coming R&C is no AAA."

Most consumers don't pay as much attention to sites like Game Rankings or Metacritic as they do to sites like IGN. IGN is the most popular gaming site on the net they say Uncharted and R & C F are AAA, so they are.

Game Stats is a multi-site, just like Game Rankings and Metacritic, and Game Stats says that both Ratchet and Clank Future and Uncharted score 90's (the same as Halo 3) making them AAA.

http://www.gamestats.com/index/gs/playstation-3.html

Well, if the next R&C is anything like the first PS3 game, then it definitely ain't AAA (90%).

Insomniac disappointed me with that game, and if they don't bring something new to the table after 5 (I think it is now) games, R&C won't deserve a score great than 9/10.

Way too many PS3 fanboys in this thread by the way.