By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DVD size limiting Project Gotham Racing 4

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=156.

Guess br would be usefull, GT5 will have changing time of day and weather. 

Around the Network

Cue people saying it doesn't matter.

Followed by me saying:

If this is happening with games this early in this generation, what will be happening in later years when more PS3 games start using the blu ray space provided to add a lot of details and 360 games miss out on that.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Cue people saying it doesn't matter.

Followed by me saying:

If this is happening with games this early in this generation, what will be happening in later years when more PS3 games start using the blu ray space provided to add a lot of details and 360 games miss out on that.

LOL

I dont know how more space could ever not be a bid deal.  Plenty of devs have complained about the constraints of dvd already.

It's only a problem if it creates a "back and forth" issue. From the list of cities that are supposed to be in the game plus weather, cars, time of day, etc., I can see how this will quickly grow beyond what a single DVD9 can hold. That said, if once the "core game" loads, I have to put in one of 10 different disks to be on a certain track I'm fine with it as long as I'm not bouncing back and forth. I've played CD based games since the original PS1 and 3DO and every console to date has endured some title that was on multiple disks. Truly, people are making more out of this than needs be. In the end, if the switching isn't back and forth and the game is great, that's all that matters.

Just out of curiosity, and I realize that it isn't going to happen, but let's say that FFXIII on the PS3 that is coming out next year was SO big and had so much FMV and other "cinematic content" that it ended up on two disks. Would it be OK then since the game was so Epic?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I still can't see why they simply can't put it on two dvds. Basically their answer was that it would put up production costs (By having two dvds) and would be harder to do for online but Blue Dragon had multiple dvds.

Around the Network

Is this a rumor or true?!...

Btw: It doesn't matter. DVD's are gonna limit X360 games, eventually.

So if it is PGR4 or another game in the (near) future... it WILL happen!

So it is worrying... Microsoft: Just implement HD-DVD drives in the Falcon's, or even better: Implement Blu-ray cuzz BR is winning this mediawar. Cuzz this thing is gonna hurt in the future for Microsoft!

THE NETHERLANDS

They wont put it on two discs because MS made a big deal about how 1 DVD was enough. I doubt a 1st(?) party game will ever use more than 1 DVD, unless they decide to go back on their word, which really isn't too bad.

StarcraftManiac said:

So it is worrying... Microsoft: Just implement HD-DVD drives in the Falcon's, or even better: Implement Blu-ray cuzz BR is winning this mediawar. Cuzz this thing is gonna hurt in the future for Microsoft!

Microsoft would never do that.  They may include HD-DVD in a future 360 model but they won't make HD-DVD games for it.

DonWii said:
They wont put it on two discs because MS made a big deal about how 1 DVD was enough. I doubt a 1st(?) party game will ever use more than 1 DVD, unless they decide to go back on their word, which really isn't too bad.

Blue Dragon was funded and published by MS and it's 3 dvds.

kn said:
Just out of curiosity, and I realize that it isn't going to happen, but let's say that FFXIII on the PS3 that is coming out next year was SO big and had so much FMV and other "cinematic content" that it ended up on two disks. Would it be OK then since the game was so Epic?

Exactly, its not gonna happen.

50gb is enough even for the FMV whores of square.