By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New screens Halo 3.

i was talking about halo, i'm not a big fan of GOW online it's too slow paced.... GOW real fun in my opinion is the online co op
if you have 40 friends playing resistance good for you I don't know that many people around me playing 360, Halo and having a gold membership combined... but yeah 40 can be fun... it seems a lot to me though... doesn't it cut off the tactical experience a little ??? it doesn't become a frag fest like in quake ???

Around the Network

This game sure isn't about the graphics. To me all 360 games look the same GoW, Halo, and Mass Effect all have that same art direction. Really nice looking characters and nice detail in the backgound, but just dead looking. The animation is stiff, and nothing happens in the background. Graphics are not pictures anymore folks, its about the hole world coming alive in motion. This is why Sony fans argue that PS3 games already look ages better than 360 games. Uncharted, Killzone, and MGS4 are all living breathing worlds, were everything looks to be alive. Now this game does look very good picture for picture, but I just don't get that feeling of life around me when I see this game in motion. I also know the 360 is capable of this living world, as shown by Resident Evil 5.

Gamplay wise I am very exited for Halo3. 4 Play campaion mode online, this is somthing all game should strive for. I hope they bring back the pistol from one because, that was my biggest complaint with 2. In fact I think that pistol set the presidence for what a pistol should be in a FPS.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
This game sure isn't about the graphics. To me all 360 games look the same GoW, Halo, and Mass Effect all have that same art direction. Really nice looking characters and nice detail in the backgound, but just dead looking. The animation is stiff, and nothing happens in the background. Graphics are not pictures anymore folks, its about the hole world coming alive in motion. This is why Sony fans argue that PS3 games already look ages better than 360 games. Uncharted, Killzone, and MGS4 are all living breathing worlds, were everything looks to be alive. Now this game does look very good picture for picture, but I just don't get that feeling of life around me when I see this game in motion. I also know the 360 is capable of this living world, as shown by Resident Evil 5.

Gamplay wise I am very exited for Halo3. 4 Play campaion mode online, this is somthing all game should strive for. I hope they bring back the pistol from one because, that was my biggest complaint with 2. In fact I think that pistol set the presidence for what a pistol should be in a FPS.

THIS IS WHAT we sony fans HAVE been trying to say! 360 characters act as if they are plastic, when you shoot a monster it doesnt even feel it and keeps shooting back, look at killzone the guy actually feels it and he moves too, even the chimera in resistance move.

mM

hum halo 2 was pretty alive in the background on some levels so I'm pretty sure it's going to be inprove in that game.... especially on the earth part..... but you are right too many games in general forget that environment is not only about textures and size... it's also about what you fill in the picture...

VEGA said:
Each time I look at Halo 3 screenshots I ask myself: "is PS3 REALLY more powerful than X360..."
You think halo 3 looks good? Have you seen unreal tournament...

mM
Around the Network

hum that's true with GOW but on PDZ the characters were reacting aswell.... I had a sadistic pleasure of shoorting them in the nuts or the ass, just to laugh at them reaching.... halo I don't know yet about the 3rd but in the other th inteligent ennemies (so not the grunts) were pretty good at hiding to make you get out of cover..... GOW AI in my opinion is poor they are just using the cover mechanicaly they don't really react to you or not really good....
now COD 4 might be a good one for that....

KBG
you have the weapon list on the official website

Pics look OK.

All I care about is 4p co-op quests.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Pics look OK.

All I care about is 4p co-op quests.

Yes. So cool.

leo-j said:
VEGA said:
Each time I look at Halo 3 screenshots I ask myself: "is PS3 REALLY more powerful than X360..."
You think halo 3 looks good? Have you seen unreal tournament...

I agree with you, graphically UT3 looks better. But I have to say that I prefare Halo's art style much more than UT3's. Maybe because I'm coming from the Nintendo camp and I like the more colourful feel of Halo. Haze though... damn!! That definately, in my eyes, looks better than Halo.

But that's just a matter of taste & opinion. Hope I don't offend anyone by this.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers