By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New screens Halo 3.

Exactly, I want more first person shots to see what it actually looks like in game. I've played the beta and seen some first person footage/screens.

It's not the best looking game out there or one of, but that's only because some games are just going crazy with the graphics these days.

If you take this game on its own it looks beautiful and one of the best things is the amount of color in the game that really makes it look even better.

I do however not like how colorful the enemies are... lol

The best thing I've seen in this game is still the multiplayer map with the snow and the base and whatnot, forgot what it was called. That level looked awesome even in multiplayer. The contrast between this white pouder-y snow and th bright blue sky and the moons and sun and stuff was just amazing looking.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
sienster said:
You guys that aren't interested in Halo,

I didn't think much of it when I first played Halo CE, but when I played multiplayer on Halo 2 I was hooked! It's the best experience you can have w/ video games in my opinion. The only thing that compares is Super Mario World.

Looks like you've never played resistance :P

Halo>>>>Gears of War>>>>>Resistance.

i definitely like the mountains in the background. I just wonder if thats what the landscape really looks like. was it like that in the beta, anyone?

I forget. Doubtful it was that good looking

And for the graphics, it's a matter of taste...Halo is just different than Gears, Resistance, and Unreal. Those have more subdued colors, Halo is more bright and a bit cartoonish.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Each time I look at Halo 3 screenshots I ask myself: "is PS3 REALLY more powerful than X360..."

True fighters don't wear socks.

Around the Network
VEGA said:
Each time I look at Halo 3 screenshots I ask myself: "is PS3 REALLY more powerful than X360..."

Halo Doesnt look that good
And the PS3 is More powerful than the 360..Just wait and see

z64dan said:
i definitely like the mountains in the background. I just wonder if thats what the landscape really looks like. was it like that in the beta, anyone?

The beta didn't look that good but it was just that... A beta. It shouldn't look as good as the final version.

Those mountains are final build, though. Bungie has stated that the screens they're releasing are gameplay with the FPS camera removed and spun around on the Chief. This is what the game will look like in the single player campaign.

I would really like to see some more true 720p shots though. Most shots I have seen are shrunk down a bit.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

sharky said:
leo-j said:
sienster said:
You guys that aren't interested in Halo,

I didn't think much of it when I first played Halo CE, but when I played multiplayer on Halo 2 I was hooked! It's the best experience you can have w/ video games in my opinion. The only thing that compares is Super Mario World.

Looks like you've never played resistance :P

Halo>>>>Gears of War>>>>>Resistance.

Resistance's multiplayer takes out gears out of the water in the multiplayer department, I dont know about halo 2 though.

mM
leo-j said:
It looks good, but to the guy that said it will wipe the floor with gears in the graphics department is loosin it.

hum, well that guy you name is mark rein just the father of gow, UT 3 and unreal engine 3..... so if he says that it kicks ass, it probably is kicking ass...... because in addition of being THAT guy mark rein is also known to be really straight in the way of expressing his opinion....

and about the multi, resistence might be really good online, but if it was that amazing we would already have had reports of it by then..... I mean it didn't took halo long to establish that fact in the press.... so I doubt resistance will equal halo on that any time soon.... I mean MS online is largely known and said to be the best online experience out there.... at least for now.... and personaly I rank it over PC.... because it's great to play with friends in your couch at home, being able to talk with them at the same time, without having to worrie about setings or mods or any modification to do.... it's just more convinient.... I mean I live thousands of miles away and when they are doing hal parties or GOW parties I can stil join through XBox live... I don't know if you ever tried to join from a remot distance a LAN party on PC but it's pain in the ass.... I usually the ping is awefull....

@RAcCoOErOus

the looks of a game doesn't imply that it doesn't use more power than another game.... exemple even if HLO 3 wouldn't look like better than GOW it will stil use more resources than it.... why ???? because you have bigger maps with less loading times, more ennemy on screen, a environement which allows you more freedom, a more distant depth line, are more advances AI etc....

and PS 3 is alreeady more powerful than the XBox in raw power, but it has yet to prove it can be exploited correctly in video games.... that's their major issue.... anybody who says the PS 3 is less poweerfull is moron, but raw power doesn't mean anything if it's not masterized....

now is it me or those scan show an improvement in the environement texturing details ???? espoecially the first one ????

and what mag is it because those scans are really poor??  

endimion said:
leo-j said:
It looks good, but to the guy that said it will wipe the floor with gears in the graphics department is loosin it.

hum, well that guy you name is mark rein just the father of gow, UT 3 and unreal engine 3..... so if he says that it kicks ass, it probably is kicking ass...... because in addition of being THAT guy mark rein is also known to be really straight in the way of expressing his opinion....

and about the multi, resistence might be really good online, but if it was that amazing we would already have had reports of it by then..... I mean it didn't took halo long to establish that fact in the press.... so I doubt resistance will equal halo on that any time soon.... I mean MS online is largely known and said to be the best online experience out there.... at least for now.... and personaly I rank it over PC.... because it's great to play with friends in your couch at home, being able to talk with them at the same time, without having to worrie about setings or mods or any modification to do.... it's just more convinient.... I mean I live thousands of miles away and when they are doing hal parties or GOW parties I can stil join through XBox live... I don't know if you ever tried to join from a remot distance a LAN party on PC but it's pain in the ass.... I usually the ping is awefull....

@RAcCoOErOus

the looks of a game doesn't imply that it doesn't use more power than another game.... exemple even if HLO 3 wouldn't look like better than GOW it will stil use more resources than it.... why ???? because you have bigger maps with less loading times, more ennemy on screen, a environement which allows you more freedom, a more distant depth line, are more advances AI etc....

and PS 3 is alreeady more powerful than the XBox in raw power, but it has yet to prove it can be exploited correctly in video games.... that's their major issue.... anybody who says the PS 3 is less poweerfull is moron, but raw power doesn't mean anything if it's not masterized....

now is it me or those scan show an improvement in the environement texturing details ???? espoecially the first one ????

and what mag is it because those scans are really poor??  

Yes playing with 8 people and around 4 weapons is the best experience on XBL with gears of war vs 40 people and over 10 weapons on resistance fall of man's online multiplayer, the bad thing is that you cant send messages yet to your friends, but thats the only advantage gears has over resistance.

mM