By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How well will Gran Turismo 5 do?

I am well aware that this series is enormously prosperous, and I think that we all are. Furthermore, I believe that we're all aware that it will do very well in connection with sales and we have knowledge of its prosperity, even if it isn't released.

How many copies will Gran Turismo 5 sell, do you think? Will it be capable of selling more than two million copies in two days, for example?

Around the Network
ThePerilous said:

I am well aware that this series is enormously prosperous, and I think that we all are. Furthermore, I believe that we're all aware that it will do very well in connection with sales and we have knowledge of its prosperity, even if it isn't released.

How many copies will Gran Turismo 5 sell, do you think? Will it be capable of selling more than two million copies in two days, for example?

I say at least 1.2 million on it's first day

^_^

Japan: 800k
NA: 2.5milj.
Others: 5.2milj

= 8.5milj.

My prediction. =P

it will sell a lot, just like the rest of the franchise has i think tht on all its life it will sell more than 8 million

Between 6-7 million LTD
2 mil first week

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

i think it may be over 3 million first week.

halo a much less sold game managed to do it.

KillerMan said:

= 8.5milj.

My prediction. =P

thats a tall order in others,  that number will most likely be 50% of the base if gt5 comes out next year

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

KillerMan said:

= 8.5milj.

My prediction. =P

North America isn't fond of Gran Turismo?

Compared to GT3, this is the case.

GT3 released in Americas/Others with 13M Ps3s WW.

GT5 should release with at least double of that.

GT3 did probably not sell at all after February 05, as then GT4 was released in Americas/Others. At that time the sales of Ps2 were at 80M. Realistically, GT3 didn't sell over 10K weekly for more than 2 years. That means that it sold at least 12M of its sales with an userbase of 13-50M.

GT5 will probably also sell 10K + for max 2 years only. If we assume that Ps3 makes  10M a year after GT5 is released, it will sell pretty much all its sales with an userbase of 30-50M, and that is looking pessimistic at it.

So I'd say that GT5 has a better situation to sell much than GT3 did.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Well I feel:

1.5 Million -- Japan

3 Million -- NA

5.5 Million -- EU

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey