By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who does PR Better Sony Or MS?

Just thinking with the launch of 2 big hitters RFOM and GOW2 the pr machines were in full swing.

But to look at the gears launch with 20k outlets opening at midnight to promote the game the question is are MS winning the PR battle?

I have to be honest and admit that I didnt follow the RFOM launch as much, as I do not have a ps3 but I just felt there was a much bigger buzz around the gears launch.

I stand to be corrected on that but I do feel MS seem to be better in the PR department at the moment.

Your views and thoughts would be interesting on this.

Around the Network

MS may have better PR but Sony has a better Hype machine :)

MS's PR are a bunch of Meanies D=

*sniff*...

4 ≈ One

A year ago I would have said Microsoft had the better PR, but Sony seems to have regained its foothold.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I think Microsoft is better at marketing their stuff...

I think Sony is better at the trench PR... It seems like everytime 360 gets momentum above Sony that there are suddenly a bunch of news articles raising fear, uncertainity, and doubt in 360. Microsoft does it with Sony too, but not as effectively.

Around the Network

Microsoft has some very good commercials for their games like the Gears and Lost Odyssey commercials and Tom Clancy's Endwar has a good commercial (but it's multi, right?). I think the ones that really do pr the best though are 360 fans who are always there to praise every little thing about their console including its bad games. And they never admit that bad review scores for games on their console indicates that the game is actually a bad game. Nintendo fans also do this. I don't think Sony realized before this gen what 360 and Wii Armies (like the Kiss Army) could do for the success of those consoles.  I try to do the best I can to hold up the Sony fort, but feel there need to be more like me and baph777 at IGN.

Speaking of Baph777, I would recommend looking up his youtube channel sometime.  He doesn't make his own videos, but he's got some really great hand selected favorites in a lot of different categories including wrestling, kooky conspiracy, religious, supernatural, and mountain living clips; some good music, interesting political commentary, really funny comedy bits, and a few game related things are there too. 

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Sony won Hyping to the max category, remember remember:
- HOME
- Dual HDMI
- KZ2, even won E3 at 2005, when PS3 still non existant
- 100% BC, they promised , and downplay 360 method of software based BC
- 1080p only console at the market

and ......

If Sony's PR department were at all decent PS3 owners would have made R2 and LBP million seller by now. However I'd say as a driving force MS's PR department is nullified by anti-MS sentiment in Europe and Sony's brand image.

dejelek said:
Sony won Hyping to the max category, remember remember:
- HOME
- Dual HDMI
- KZ2, even won E3 at 2005, when PS3 still non existant
- 100% BC, they promised , and downplay 360 method of software based BC
- 1080p only console at the market

and ......

ooo dont forget 4D GRAPHICS!!!!!! that one was a killer lol.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

MS wins PR

On the other hand SONY released a $600 console without it flopping & stopping production....so you decide yourself who should win.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey