By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad year for games, IMO

fastyxx said:
Well look at the OP's sig:

If those are your three favorite games, you didn't get much to support you this year. If you're into WRPG's or shooters, there's a lot. But I can see his dissappointment based off that.

I do like shooters, but only very high quality ones.

I loved last years BioShock and The Orange Box...FANTASTIC games.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

The psn games were amazing this year, still waiting for dark mist lol

mM

It is a good year for gaming but not a good year if you are a wii only user I expect the situation to improve with Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch Out! coming next year also the conduit,madworld etc.In addition there might be a new Kid Icarus game and the announcement of a new Zelda and the project retro studios is working on.

I think it's one of the best years in recent memory. Why?

GTAIV
Dead Space
Spore
Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Resistance 2
Little Big Planet
Wipeout HD
Castle Crashers
Fallout 3
Farcry 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Lost Odyssey

I'm sure I'm msising some, that just came from the top of my head.

I was quite happy with the PS3 games and PSN games this year.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
perpride said:
I think it's one of the best years in recent memory. Why?

GTAIV
Dead Space
Spore
Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Resistance 2
Little Big Planet
Wipeout HD
Castle Crashers
Fallout 3
Farcry 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Lost Odyssey

I'm sure I'm msising some, that just came from the top of my head.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Definitely don't think 2008 was a bad year for games if anything if was a bad year for gaming mainly because I haven't really been able to play many of the games I've bought!! There were some surprises, patapon and boom blox for instance were not games I expected to like and games from every system that top my wanted list. So many games sit and wait for me to play and yet I'm already looking forward to next year especially with the looming starcraft2 and fxiii

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

I'm thinking differently ,we might just be in the last two months of the best year for gaming this gen.

Left 4 Dead comes out this year.

Thus, there is no possible way this can be a bad year for games.

:)

I still havent opened fallout 3, call of duty, saint row 2.

Last year, i was begging for games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)