1. Little Big Planet
2. GTA4
3. Valkeryia Chronicles
4. Resistance 2
5. Disgaea 3

Wii
1.Super Smash Bros Brawl
2. Animal Crossing City Folk
3. Mario Kart Wii... I guess... though I honestly didn't like this game. Big dissapointment.
4. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Not as good as 2007 at all, but still a good year. 2006 was the best year for DS imo and 2007 for PSP

Around the Network

Why is everyone forgetting about Okami?

Former something....

For ps3 lets compare:

2007:

Assassins Creed
Call of duty 4
Ninja gaiden Sigma
Uncharted Drake's fortune
Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction
Warhawk
Oblivion

2008:

Valkyria Chronicles

Bioshock
little big planet
Devil may cry 4
call of duty World at War
Resistance 2
Mirror's edge
Fallout 3
Metal gear solid 4
GTA IV
Pixel junk eden
Ratchet and Clank quest for booty
Pixel junk Monsters
Dead space

This has been an amazing year for PS3 and 360 owners at the least

XBOX 360:

Braids
Castle Crushers
Left 4 dead
GEARS 2
Devil may cry 4
GTA IV
Fallout 3
Fable 2
call of duty world at war
Dead space

Wii:

Super smash bros Brawl
Mario kart wii
Call of duty World at War
World of Goo
Okami

mM
Blacksaber said:
Why is everyone forgetting about Okami?

Because the carrot digging game made this game turn from awesome to totally annoying within 10 minutes.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

2008 was better then 2007 imo. And '07 was my previously favorite year in gaming ever.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Same as Shadowblind. 2007 was my favourite year of gaming and 08 is surpassing it when their are still possible great games to come like Persona 4 and prince of Persia. I can't really believe many people had problems with finding good games this year the most on this forum always complained that their were to many great games =p.

Not to bash, but it looks like you don't own a X360 or Playstation 3 from your profile? That may of been the reason. This year has been great to me as a X360 owner.

I've bought or played the following great games:

• Lost Odyssey (fantastic FF-esque RPG. Lots of fun)
  • GTAIV (not as good as it could of been, but still good)
  • Tales of Vesperia (incredible Tales game. Best to date)
  • Silent Hill 5: Homecoming (very good survival horror)
  • Castle Crashers (great $15 beat-em-up)
  • Fallout 3 (RPG GOTY. Just amazing)
  • Saints Row 2 (Very fun sandbox. Better than GTAIV is many ways)
  • Kings Bounty: Legend (PC RPG GOTY)
  • Sins of a Solar Empire (Phenominal space-based RTS. Best RTS I've played in ages.)
  • Rock Band 2 (continued awesomeness from Harmonix. Incredible advancement in music games thanks to DLC + RB1 merging)
  • Civilization: Revolution (great take on the Civ franchise for consoles)
  • Culdcept Saga (great TCG/RPG/Board Game hybrid)
  • Dragon Quest IV (Very nice take on the classic for DS)

And there are still quite a few I want to buy or play:

• Tomb Raider: Underworld (demo was fantastic)
  • Braid (duh)
  • Geometry Wars 2

And so on. There are a few more I've played that are quite good games. This list doesn't include games I didn't like, or generally popular/good games such as Fable 2 or Gears of War, but you get the idea: It was a good year.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

With Vesperia, GTAIV, Gears 2, Braid, Kart, NMH, Fable 2, Disgaea 3, The World Ends With You, FFIV remake, Valkyria, World of Goo, L4D, Dead Space, Ninja Gaiden 2, MGS4, Fallout 3, Brawl, DMC4, Silent Hill V, Lost Odyssey...man this year was one of my favorite gaming years ever, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Oh, also Stickball, didn't The Witcher: Enhanced Edition release this year. It's epically good.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

axumblade said:
waron said:
it is great year for wii owners. brawl, kart, no more heroes, okami, boom blox, de blob, wii fit, wario land, chocobo dungeon, sam & max, naruto: clash Of ninja revolution 2, dokapon kingdom, endless ocean, fatal frame 4, tales of symphonia, tenchu 4, blast works, disaster and upcoming animal crossing, sky crawlers, skate it, deadly creatures, klonoa, rune factory frontier, tetsunoko vs capcom, taiko drum master. tell me which home console have better line-up of exclusive games this year? add there some great multiplatform titlesie like sonic unleashed, guiter hero world tour or call of duty 5 etc. and you've got huge amount of good games(especially if you have freeloader and modded wii so you can play imports like me).

He's from the US. Some of these need not apply for this year at least.

Also if he's looking for something other than casual and non-game then there goes wii fit and endless ocean. I haven't seen Sam & Max anywhere around here. It might be out but it's impossible to find.

Then you take a bunch of great games and throw some mediocre at best games in the mix.

I'm sorry but are you sure you're not the one who is consumed by their own fanboyism?

My main gripe with you is the lack of wiiware games. World of Goo is supposed to be amazing yet you neglect it. For shame.

since i don't have internet connection in my wii i can't say anything about wiiware games.